good ?

My Weekend expectations

South Korea: $7mn

UK: $5-8mn

Germany: $5-6mn

France: $5-6mn

Spain: $3mn

Taiwan: $3mn plus perhaps

Australia: $2.5mn (including previews perhaps $3mn+)

Italy: $2mn

Singapore: $1.5mn

Rest of Europe: $5-6mn perhaps

Rest: $3-5mn

Total: $42-50mn

Let's see

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

My Weekend expectations

South Korea: $9mn

Germany: $5mn

UK: $4mn

France: $4mn

Rest of Europe: $8-10mn perhaps

Rest: $3-6mn

Total: $40-45mn

Let's see

Don't how many theater that already open in UK but if Germany 1st WE > UK 1st WE. It will be I believe 1st Nolan movie that UK 1st WE isn't the biggest 1st WE for Europe. 

Also there are still Russia, Japan, Brazil and of course China for more big market. Does this movie already have release dates for Mexico too ?

2 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

Don't how many theater that already open in UK but if Germany 1st WE > UK 1st WE. It will be I believe 1st Nolan movie that UK 1st WE isn't the biggest 1st WE for Europe. 

Also there are still Russia, Japan, Brazil and of course China for more big market. Does this movie already have release dates for Mexico too ?

11 sept

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

My Weekend expectations

South Korea: $9mn

Germany: $5mn

UK: $4mn

France: $4mn

Rest of Europe: $8-10mn perhaps

Rest: $3-6mn

Total: $40-45mn

Let's see

what do you think the final total os with china will be  if your ow prediction holds ?

Edited by john2000

Seems such unfortunated timing for TENET tbh, atleast in china and South korea.  In china a lockal break out movie will be taking up lots of screens for quite a while. And it's release in SK came right at the time of new small out break so it lost quite a bit of seats.

Ahh, it’s been so long since I’ve commented in an OS movie specific thread.   

If it does open to 40-45 in those markets I wonder what kind of legs we’d get. Finish in the mid-high 100s maybe? Then China plays a big role in final OS total, as usual.

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Ahh, it’s been so long since I’ve commented in an OS movie specific thread.   

If it does open to 40-45 in those markets I wonder what kind of legs we’d get. Finish in the mid-high 100s maybe? Then China plays a big role in final OS total, as usual.

first lets see in how many markets tenet wil be released this week, deadline said that tenet will release in 40 markets this weekend, with many other markets joining in sept, imo if tenet does open in 40-45 ow from 40 markets and without majors like brazil/mexico/japan and russsia (all of these markets will have tenet in their theaters in sept) that would be very very good especiallly if we consider that theaters wont be with their full capacity something that will affect tenets ow but probably/hopefully not the long run

If it opens at $40m, I think it can finish at $160m from these markets alone.

China may bring $60m

$80m DOM 

And $100m from the rest of markets, Japan alone may bring around $20m-$30m.

Anything above $400m WW is a win for this, considering  it will have far stronger numbers on secondary markets DOM than the usual Nolan movie, considering the limitations that it will face at cinemas, and that Warner will get a higher % from OS markets. 

Edited by The Horror of Lucas Films
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

China may bring $60m

$80m DOM 

Anything above $400m WW is a win for this, considering  it will have far stronger numbers on secondary markets DOM than the usual Nolan movie, considering the limitations that it will face at cinemas, and that Warner will get a higher % from OS markets. 

i think its too early to even predict, lets remember that while tenet by sept  will most likely be released in the majority of the os markets and all of the majors one, it still has other markets left, plus lets not forget that both california and new york will be able to play tenet eventually like some other us states that wont be able to get it at first 

ps about new york after cuomo said in an interview that he thinks movie theaters could be the next to reopen and considering the progress they have made already in my opinion i think that its possible that new york will be back in the game middle to late sept or at least i hope , new york has 300 movie theaters by its own and its the sec major us market i think so it could give a big boost

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

China may bring $60m

$80m DOM 

That specific ratio (and assuming that Wb gets exactly 63% from DOM, 50% from OS-China, and the usual 25% from China) would honestly bring it pretty close to 200 mil. Might even be over the production budget based on how underbudget Nolan went here.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

That specific ratio (and assuming that Wb gets exactly 63% from DOM, 50% from OS-China, and the usual 25% from China) would honestly bring it pretty close to 200 mil. Might even be over the production budget based on how underbudget Nolan went here.

Exactly, that's the math I'm doing too, and that's why I believe that $400m should be the goal for this movie, the marketing costs can be recovered in the secondary markets, considering that Nolan movies always play strong there, let alone this one that will have it's numbers deflated by the current scenario.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

China may bring $60m

$80m DOM 

It really depends on WOM I believe but WOM is not even need to be great, just good enough for some multiple viewing. 

This week I hope it can get at least 40m, but I think chance for 50m is still good if there is good WOM to carry. Then finish 180m.

For China, 60-75m is a good target.

Also Domestic market with 100m and rest of the market with 100m. That brings to 440m. With good WOM in SK, China and USA it may bring it into 500m. Those 3 market is the most vital market I think. 

Edited by RJ 95
  • Like 2

It seems that Spain will overperform:

TENET and New Mutants Pre-sales in 4 theaters (D-DAY)

TENET - 727/3.476 tickets (20.49% sold) (+412 tickets)

New Mutants - 76/727 (10.45% sold) (+61 tickets)

Really impressed with TENET numbers, pretty solid. New Mutants is overperforming in one of the theaters with 40% sold so the data is a bit skewed. Deadline posted 2M for TENET in Spain in 5-days but I'm expecting more, €3M+. New Mutants is a wild card but could do 750K€ 5-day probably. Data is difficult to extrapolate

Europe looking good so far:

Both france, germany and uk are looking over 5m +.

From the respective threads (or main forum page).

France has a shot at 1m admission (would be around 7/8m).

Germany 6-7m

UK (2/3m opening day possibly, would lead to 9-12ish million)

Spain 3m +

Ofc everyone want good numbers at to moment (first majoor hollywood movie release, so we might have rose glasses) so these might be on the opimitic side (who knows) but it seems certain that OW will be decent at least.

Above estimates (using the low numbers) would put it at $25m. So the low end should be around $18m OW for these markets, high end $30m.

• Like 4

All across world IMAX seems to be pushing the film. Now that may sound well or Trivial but IMO this could be sign of frontloading as the ones watching film in premium format would be mostly Nolan heads. 

Fans can push film only to an extent. Film must do well in regular format/screens i.e. general audience too.

• Like 1