Jump to content
charlie Jatinder

PAPA NOLAN's TENƎꓕ International Thread. Weekend 5 $16.2mn / $243.7mn Total

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

@charlie Jatinder You think with that release schedule, Tenet will have flat weekend drops for the month?

I mean opening aren't low compared to other Nolan films so don't see why legs will be a lot better, except the fact there is no big film in competition.

 

Yeah there will be some benefit but don't think that much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I mean opening aren't low compared to other Nolan films so don't see why legs will be a lot better, except the fact there is no big film in competition.

 

Yeah there will be some benefit but don't think that much.

I mean other Nolan films didn't have staggered releases though. With Latin American markets releasing on its 5th weekend, it should manage a 40 mil OS-China weekend right?

Edited by lorddemaxus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean other Nolan films didn't have staggered releases though. With Latin American markets releasing on its 5th weekend, it should manage a 40 mil OS-China weekend right?

Ohh in that sense. 

 

The only major market next week is Russia which shall do $2-3mn perhaps. FSS of this weekend will be $30-35mn approx. -40% will give $18-21mn. Even a -30% will be $21-25mn. So $40mn next weekend is out of reach.

 

3rd week see Hong Kong & few Middle East countries. Again nothing major, so shall go under 20mn most likely.

 

4th weekend Japan, Mexico, India (lol) will release. That weekend may be flat.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy 

Saturday €475k (+52% from Friday), Total €1.495m. 

 

Weak increase again, same like in SK but probably Covid also made weekend increase worse than usual. Let's see how much drop it can get later on the weekdays. Probably will get €1.9-1.95m for this week total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Saturday increase is bad in Italy, hopefully Sunday make it. Few films last year had bad Saturday jump with Sunday doing better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Yeah Saturday increase is bad in Italy, hopefully Sunday make it. Few films last year had bad Saturday jump with Sunday doing better.

 

Is it possible Saturday increases are just not great all over the world due to capacity restrictions and such? Not sure we can count on Saturday jumps to be normal in a COVID environment.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

 

Is it possible Saturday increases are just not great all over the world due to capacity restrictions and such? Not sure we can count on Saturday jumps to be normal in a COVID environment.

It is possible but considering the film isn't exactly playing at capacity, except for IMAX, it shouldn't be that big a problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It is possible but considering the film isn't exactly playing at capacity, except for IMAX, it shouldn't be that big a problem.

 

Yes, but 2 things I could see happening, people would rather see it in IMAX and obviously there's limited auditoriums for that, and just because theaters can fill up to capacity, doesn't mean that people are willing to go to a theater unless attendance is sparse.

 

FWIW, this is something that I think is logically possible but may not be a thing. But really I'm just concerned with applying old increases pre COVID to the environment of today.

Edited by MrPink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RJ 95 said:

Italy 

Saturday €475k (+52% from Friday), Total €1.495m. 

 

Weak increase again, same like in SK but probably Covid also made weekend increase worse than usual. Let's see how much drop it can get later on the weekdays. Probably will get €1.9-1.95m for this week total.

Most mportantly, if this weak increase also happened to the other films in release now too. If the weak increase applied to all, this should suggest people still don't think cinema is safe enough. If this only happened to tenet, then we are seeing some weak WoM response.

 

From the way I see, SK weak saturday number pretty much reflected in all other films in top 10. and Italian numbers are too small to have meaningful interpretation, although all of them have much stronger saturday's surge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

 

 

All things considered, I'm willing to call that an excellent launch. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

 

 

I have no clue what kind of Sat bumps movies usually get internationally but is that good or lower than usual?

Edited by lorddemaxus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TENET will do numbers almost on expected grounds but Deadline posted a fucking 25 million, which has set people expectations so low that numbers will look way bigger when the most reasonable expectations were atleast $40mn.

 

One such example is Indian box office portal doing this shitty article.

https://www.boxofficeindia.com/report-details.php?articleid=6080

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the market opened this week can hit 45m, I don't think it is greedy to hope for 4x legs from them, some 180m is already in the pocket, Hoping the virus isn't putting the cinema on lockdown again, especially France

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.