charlie Jatinder

PAPA NOLAN's TENƎꓕ International Thread. Weekend 5 $16.2mn / $243.7mn Total

The WoM seems strictly average. It is good for Nolan heads, which thankfully are alot but for normies its too complicated.

In fact even many regular moviegoers aren't understanding the film. Have heard reports that dialogues are not understandble in like 25% of film.

Legs won't be that good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Have heard reports that dialogues are not understandble in like 25% of film.

That's like every Nolan film since Inception though. As long as the action and spectacle in Tenet is good (which has been the most praised aspect so far), I don't think many will care.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

That's like every Nolan film since Inception though. As long as the action and spectacle in Tenet is good (which has been the most praised aspect so far), I don't think many will care.

I remember people saying that Interstellar would not have good legs because it was too complicated to GA, and yet...

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Except Matthew McConaughey in Interstellar, I never felt that in any of his films.

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Except Matthew McConaughey in Interstellar, I never felt that in any of his films.

In their initial theatrical runs, Interstellar, TDKR, and even Dunkirk definitely has a lot of these sound mixing criticisms. I think Nolan usually changes the sound mixing for home video. I didn't understand a single word Michael Caine said when he died in Interstellar when I saw it in cinemas but I easily understood him when I watched it at home.

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

of course you are we all know that you are working for deadline ......

Nah, he’s more interested in the second weekend because he can’t spin the OW numbers as bad, but if it drops big next weekend, he’ll be able to bring back his narrative that theaters are dead and that people won’t go to movies anymore.

Sent from my iPhone

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

25 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Almost more interested in the 2nd wknd drop than this weekend. Good debut though.

Films are just back, yet some people are already looking to the second weekend drop.

We haven’t even got steady openings yet, let’s focus on that hurdle first. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m interested in the 2nd weekend drop because the first went pretty much as Jat expected a couple pages ago, but the 2nd weekend will be a good test of some competing hypothesis that, until we get the 2nd weekend data, are hard to really adjudicate between,

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

idk about Tenet but Inception & Interstellar were very straightforward..

I actually heard Nolan made the movie plot structure over-complicated on purpose to encourage repeat viewings.

so that might help with legs.

14 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I’m interested in the 2nd weekend drop because the first went pretty much as Jat expected a couple pages ago, but the 2nd weekend will be a good test of some competing hypothesis that, until we get the 2nd weekend data, are hard to really adjudicate between,

at the same time, legs are very important for every movie, either way, 

• Like 1