Eric Atreides

The Brand Spanking New Weekend Thread | Unhinged - 4M | SALE NOW LIVE: $10 GOLD ONE MONTH, $7 PREMIUM ONE MONTH!

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

Unhinged‘s top venues were the Paramount Drive-in in LA, Solano Twin Drive in Concord,CA; the Sacramento Drive-in, the Ford Wyoming Drive-in in Dearborn, MI; and the Capital 6 drive-in in San Jose, CA.

IT'S FINALLY SACRAMENTO'S TIME TO SHINE!!!!!! :ohmygod:

• Like 1
  • Astonished 3

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

that 36% drop got me worried about the box office actually, this suggest that no matter how small the number, the drop is going to be like the hold during normal time. The steady, slow burn kind of run may not happen.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

that 36% drop got me worried about the box office actually, this suggest that no matter how small the number, the drop is going to be like the hold during normal time. The steady, slow burn kind of run may not happen.  

I mean...it's a kids movie released in the midst of a pandemic. We saw what happened with Onward's second weekend back in March when everything was escalating. Families are among the last groups that will be eager to return to a movie theater in the near future.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

I tend to think that is how it will be in general. It’s a heavily reduced size of total audience. Huge percentage of population will not be going to movie theaters anytime soon. 

If Unhinged can make 4M, then Tenet ought to easily get past 20M in two weeks.

Especially if they try to make Friday a 5-day single-day number. (Meaning the showings on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday all magically count as part of Friday too.)

Hell, there's a chance it'll be at 20 million BEFORE Thursday night previews even start.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IMO he is good and good with words too. Don't know what you didn't like.

Not just that one tweet, he’s known for making stupid, bias remarks in his tweets, hence why unfollowed him about four years ago. 

On 8/22/2020 at 11:27 AM, Krissykins said:

Lets remember the 1,823 locations should have some sort of asterisk beside it. 

What are they operating at in America for screens just now, 40-60% capacity? 

I don't know how it works in the United States but in Canada you can't have gatherings of more than 50 people inside. And that obviously includes theatres so it will severely hinder the amount of people that can go.