baumer

Tenet (2020) (comes out the 26th in Canada)

Grade it  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • What the heck did I just watch? And why was Bane in charge of dialogue looping?

On 9/1/2020 at 8:51 AM, baumer said:

So I'm really going to be the only one brave enough here to say that I did not like this movie one single bit. The sound mix is definitely a problem, so much so that this film actually needed subtitles. I literally could not understand probably a quarter of the movie and the scene when they were on those motorized sailboats and they are wearing black helmets, you couldn't understand a freaking word these guys are saying.

The plot seemed way too ambitious way to mumbo-jumbo and I just didn't really understand what a lot of it meant. There's way too much exposition and in between some of the inception like action scenes it's just a bunch of people talking about things that don't really make a lot of sense. now you guys can get on your soapbox and tell me that I didn't understand the movie and that's why I didn't like it. And I agree with you to a point. But I shouldn't have to go into a movie and analyze every freaking scene in order to get enjoyment out of it. If you guys say you really enjoyed it and you really loved it then more power to you. Me, I didn't like this really at all right from the get-go.

6/10

Hi buddy.

The film got a little better with subsequent viewings that were aided by subtitles. It looks like the studio went back and made the dialogue clearer for the home video release. Certain parts of the story still confused me though. I  still give the film a B- because of that initial theatrical experience. The damage was already done in my mind.