Boxofficerules

Weekend Thread: Asgard Saturday #s - New Mutants 2.48, Unhinged 1.2, Bill and Ted 415K | RIP Chadwick Boseman

4 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Till theaters are fully back in US & India. I don't think before December this year.

But don't think we will miss anything as nothing important will release after TENET I guess.

Aww that’s a shame, cause the films that do release will be so interesting to track and will have such unique runs/legs. 

9 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Till theaters are fully back in US & India. I don't think before December this year.

But don't think we will miss anything as nothing important will release after TENET I guess.

actually if all goes well, we will have wonder woman and more but i guess you are talking for the very near future after tenet

ps also any update about tenet today ? 

Edited by john2000

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Unless TENET looks like doing $150-200mn, I don't think Wonder Woman will release this year.

we shall see it will be intrestring to see tenet performance, though that will also depend from other factors

Edited by john2000

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

Bit of frontloading there. Will probably be about $8M for the weekend and $20-25M total. Not too far off from what it likely would've done in a normal scenario. Copperfield's numbers are worse than expected given that it actually had somewhat of a marketing push.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Why didn't Unhinged get a CinemaScore, despite getting a wide release?

Same thing with New Mutants? What's going on? Are they avoiding pollings or anything like that?

Probably pointless to poll moviegoers when a portion of US theaters are still closed.

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Is there anything on Bill and Ted?

Bill & Ted, playing in 1,007 theaters, grossed $400,ooo on Friday for a projected $1.07 million, a strong showing for a dual PVOD title.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-new-mutants-heading-for-8m-plus-debut

Also says Unhinged is looking at $2.2M for the weekend.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Is there anything on Bill and Ted?

https://deadline.com/2020/08/new-mutants-opening-weekend-box-office-coronavirus-1203025795/

Third belongs to Orion/United Artists Releasing’s Bill & Ted Face the Music which took in $400K at 1,007 locations yesterday on its way to a $1.07M weekend. That translates into about $1K a screen. The movie I hear is playing on 1.7 screens per location.

Important to remember is that all the major chains refused to play the movie because they care more about the dumbass theatrical window rather than making money. It's like Regal/AMC/et al want to fail

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 2