Eric Atreides

TENET Weekend Thread | 20.2M opening with previews and Canada | RIP Movies 1888-2020

Someone should tell Scott, Disney+ “trending” chart thing is usually frozen. Funny that a fox property has been #1 there since Frozen 2 though, lol. 

Hopefully they’ll rethink Mulan’s release. I would go and see it in cinemas here in the UK, but I’m not paying £20 for a download. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Mulan didn't even take the top spot on it's debut day, behind a 2015 movie. YIKES. Cinemas are going down and taking the whole industry with them. 

To be fair, $30 to stream a movie at home is an outrageous price. 

I think it has more to do with that then demand for the movie itself. 

Someone like myself (single), who wanted to see it in theatres, is not going to pay $30 to watch it alone in my house, when seeing it in theatres would have cost me less than half that. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

I'm not sure they'd rush release it to digital, rather than try and see if they can work the long game.

I'm way more interested to see what the numbers, if lower than expected, means for Wonder Woman 1984. It's release is now less than a month away (Oct 2nd), and a lower weekend for Tenet will really deflate hopes for massive B.O. for that one... 

If Tenet underperforms even lowered expectations, I don't think WW84 will be getting a NA release this year.

• ...wtf 1

Mulan is better than TENET in 6 out of 10 markets except Taiwan and Saudi Arabia. It could have done very well in Europe. Dumb decision from Disney to push it on D+ with no theatrical window.

And if it wasn't ready for piracy and released on Thursday as films are in these markets, another $2mn was possible.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Mulan is better than TENET in 6 out of 10 markets except Taiwan and Saudi Arabia. It could have done very well in Europe. Dumb decision from Disney to push it on D+ with no theatrical window.

Disney needs to announce an accompanying theatrical release now.. Despite the piracy i think there are still people willing to pay to watch it on the big screen internationally.

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

The 9 markets it released are 6% of Hollywood international box office in general.

Ah.. i mean people may know this here, but the way it has been originally written misled people into thinking there are 94% of the market left to open....

• Founder / Operator
5 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Ah.. i mean people may know this here, but the way it has been originally written misled people into thinking there are 94% of the market left to open....

Sorry, meant to specify that.

• Like 1