grim22

Weekend thread - Sep 11 to 13 | Tenet and Broken Hearts Club grosses are shielded from everyone. Is this the end of box office reporting?

1 hour ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Because people won't have anything else to watch for a while.

I'm wondering at what point does it make sense to have Tenet on as many screens that it has. 

There's nothing else to replace it with unless they go back to older movies, but, from what I'm seeing locally, you're getting maybe 5 to 10 tickets sold during the prime time showing in the premium screen, and 1 or 2 tickets sold to the 3 other smaller screens showing it. That doesn't make much sense either, and only gets worse each week. 

1 hour ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Because people won't have anything else to watch for a while.

Yeah, but clearly Tenet isn't ticking people's fancy enough - and I say that as someone who seems to have liked it more than most. Even with a few more markets to open it's not going to make another 150% of its haul so far.

Edited by Hatebox

Alright, it has 200mn budget right. Put another 125mn for marketing, 50-60mn for rest. That will be 375-385mn cost.

It will get 150-175mn range from TV may be more. Regarding theatrically

China: 65 * 21.5% : 14

Dom: 85 * 60% : 50

Total: 181-189mn

That's 331-364mn revenue.

It need 20-45mn from Home Media and VOD. Don't think it will be much of hassle.

WB will most likely break even. The problem is exhibitors in US, Korea and few other markets will be on loss.

Film is certainly not Flop, Average-Above Average.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Alright, it has 200mn budget right. Put another 125mn for marketing, 50-60mn for rest. That will be 375-385mn cost.

It will get 150-175mn range from TV may be more. Regarding theatrically

China: 65 * 21.5% : 14

Dom: 85 * 60% : 50

Total: 181-189mn

That's 331-364mn revenue.

It need 20-45mn from Home Media and VOD. Don't think it will be much of hassle.

WB will most likely break even. The problem is exhibitors in US, Korea and few other markets will be on loss.

Film is certainly not Flop, Average-Above Average.

I think the marketing spend would have been a bit less than usual. No outdoor spend, no talk shows, no red carpet premiers, no worldwide actor/director promo tours. 

• Like 1