SLAM!

Infidel | Cloudburst Entertainment | 09/18/20 | starring Jim Caviezel | leave it to a faith-based film to help sustain theaters

8 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

BoxOfficeMojo lists this film as releasing wide on Friday. It's a political thriller starring Jim Caviezel. No one's made a thread for it, so I figured I should be the one to do that. Here's the trailer:

Is it a faith-based film, though?  The "non spoiler" plot write up really doesn't seem to be that, but maybe it's more subtle (I do admit, the title does imply some faith angle:)...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Is it a faith-based film, though?  The "non spoiler" plot write up really doesn't seem to be that, but maybe it's more subtle (I do admit, the title does imply some faith angle:)...

I think it's made by faith-based filmmakers, or at least filmmakers (read: producers) who lean right on the political spectrum. The film is basically about an American who is captured and held in a prison in Iran. I don't know enough about the film to say if it's Islamophobic, but I do know from the trailer that "D'Souza Media" is one of the companies involved. So I'm interested in seeing how this pans out.

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 1

I do admit that just knowing there's another new movie in the theater makes me happy, no matter what it is...I know someone rebooting their AMC membership this weekend and planning 3 movies a week the next few weeks...and I was thinking, well after you watch your planned Unhinged/New Mutants/Tenant combo this week, what 3 (after a Tenant rewatch) have you got the next one?:)  

Although I guess that could be David Copperfield and Broken Hearts, so it might have been 2 weeks before they were SOL on new movies:)...

I think AMC and Regal, especially with their membership plans (vs the Cinemark 1 movie/month), will be happy with any one new movie a week, just to keep their subscribers happy!:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

From a monetary standpoint, it makes sense to play a more conservative audience right now, and with a movie that's not $100+ million. 

The trailer shows a guy being jailed for allegedly proselytizing Christianity in the Middle East. Looking at the people involved in making this, it's not outrageous to think there could be an underlying Praise the Lord sort of message. A movie can lean on any number of genres and also have a religious element as well. 

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is this a Pureflix film?

If so, I've just watched a trailer for one that could make a huge splash, lol.

That is one of the crazier concept mashup trailers I think I've ever seen...Taken meets the Almighty is quite the story line...not sure it's good story line, but it's somethin':)...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

So yes, it’ll be Islamophobic. 

Yeah, it's that D'Souza.

You know how I feel about conspiracy theories, but I am beginningt to wonder if attempts are being made by tht right to gear the US up to War With Iran.

And, given their history, Christinas should be the last ones to claim oral superotiy when it comes to persecutions.

The regime in Iran is reprehensible and I will be glad to see it go, but any kind of Military conflict with Iran would be a total disaster. And I am afraid some on the right..the Fundies in particular, want exactly that.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

So yes, it’ll be Islamophobic. 

Dinesh chose not to sacrifice his latest so-called "documentary" (Trump Card, which was supposed to hit theaters but will now go to VOD in a few weeks) to the fake disease that will disappear after November 3rd in theaters and instead offered up a movie nobody has heard of or will be moved to care about. The real savior of cinema right here.

• Like 2