Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law | August 17, 2022 | Tatiana Maslany stars

https://deadline.com/2020/09/she-hulk-tatiana-maslany-marvel-series-1234578701/

EXCLUSIVE: After tapping Kat Coiro as director, Marvel Studios looks to have found its star to take over the title role in its She-Hulk series. Sources tell Deadline that Orphan Black star Tatiana Maslany is the choice to play the title character in Marvel’s She-Hulk series for Disney+. Deadline broke on Tuesday that Coiro would direct several episodes, including the pilot, for the series and now the show has its actress for the highly coveted role.

Marvel didn’t immediately return a call for comment.

Rick and Morty writer Jessica Gao has already been tapped to lead the writers room.

The project is just one of a handful of anticipated series Marvel Studios is working on for Disney+, with The Falcon and Winter Soldier, WandaVision and Loki all in production and set to bow in the next year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'd be willing to bet it's likely Ruffalo will be appearing in this as well, given his role in her origin. Maybe she makes a cameo in Spidey 3 first?

Could be a way to tell more of Banner's story without making an actual Hulk film.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

I won’t lie, I’m a little upset they didn’t actually cast a larger woman. But at this point, lol, That is basically like Lucy, Charlie Brown, and the football.  

So she’s a great actress. She’ll do fine. 

"That actually isn’t a real thing and it’s like a press release that’s gotten out of hand. It’s totally not — I’ve been connected to these things in the past and press has gotten onto it, but it’s not actually a thing, unfortunately."

https://www.thesudburystar.com/entertainment/local-arts/a-quickie-qa-with-tatiana-maslany-who-denies-shes-she-hulk/wcm/cd891f1a-8377-4ec0-ab92-75e41f78ba05

So what's going on here, folks?  Both Deadline's story and Ruffalo's Tweet are still up.  Sometimes castings don't work out, but Deadline/Variety/THR usually don't run with something unless they are pretty sure about it happening.  And the showrunner congratulated her, right?  They would kinda know, I'm assuming??

She could have simply said "It would be fun to play that character/play in the Marvel Universe" without confirming anything.  But she seems to be denying that she's involved.  Yes, I know studios/actors have lied before until things are confirmed...but this one feels weird for some reason.  

Between this and the weird, unexplainable disappearance of Nia DaCosta right after the Captain Marvel 2 director announcement, there's some strange stuff going on inside Marvel Studios...

Edited by Macleod

On 10/17/2020 at 12:53 AM, Macleod said:

"That actually isn’t a real thing and it’s like a press release that’s gotten out of hand. It’s totally not — I’ve been connected to these things in the past and press has gotten onto it, but it’s not actually a thing, unfortunately."

https://www.thesudburystar.com/entertainment/local-arts/a-quickie-qa-with-tatiana-maslany-who-denies-shes-she-hulk/wcm/cd891f1a-8377-4ec0-ab92-75e41f78ba05

So what's going on here, folks?  Both Deadline's story and Ruffalo's Tweet are still up.  Sometimes castings don't work out, but Deadline/Variety/THR usually don't run with something unless they are pretty sure about it happening.  And the showrunner congratulated her, right?  They would kinda know, I'm assuming??

She could have simply said "It would be fun to play that character/play in the Marvel Universe" without confirming anything.  But she seems to be denying that she's involved.  Yes, I know studios/actors have lied before until things are confirmed...but this one feels weird for some reason.  

Between this and the weird, unexplainable disappearance of Nia DaCosta right after the Captain Marvel 2 director announcement, there's some strange stuff going on inside Marvel Studios...

Good chance she wanted more money than what what she was being offered after seeing all the buzz when it was announced she would be in it, Disney/Marvel said "no," and she said "I'm out then." Considering there hasn't been any major confirmation she's out yet, good chance Disney/Marvel will make the deal after this.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/she-hulk-josh-segarra-tatiana-maslany-1234797476/

EXCLUSIVE: Arrow alum Josh Segarra has joined the cast of Marvel’s She-Hulk series starring Tatiana Maslany in the title role. Sources also say Segarra has signed with CAA for representation in all areas. He joins a cast that includes Renée Elise Goldsberry, Ginger Gonzaga and Mark Ruffalo, who will be reprising his role as Bruce Banner aka the Hulk.