Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law | August 17, 2022 | Tatiana Maslany stars

Spoiler

spoiler thoughts

liked maslany in the role for the most part and some jokes landed but overall this was pretty bad
couldnt believe what i was watching at pionts.

plot is super rushed and so contrived, the writers were too lazy to set up she hulk powers and her transformation
banner's hulk inhibitor is just put in this to facilitate Maslany getting her powers and its never shown again because 
she hulk's blood healed him!!!. like seriously her blood is just better because "reasons" yeah that was the first red flag

Whole training montage was borderline nonsensical and infuriating, she can magically do all things better than hulk because
"reasons" she already has control and she constantly berates hulk for not having control and undermines all his lessons
which is just insensitive and mean spirited . 

yeah we get she doesn't need to be like him but she treats him like shit for being uptight , hulk has hurt thousands and 
this powers have kind of ruined his life, him being cautious makes sense and understandable, he didn't ask for this shit
he is trying to help ,what an ungrateful bitch sorry to say.

yeah and at the end , she has the nerve to break the fourth wall and say hulk was wrong ??? 

Are you kidding me, she is only right because the writers had to bend the plot 360 degrees to accommodate her story, she earns nothing, her abilities are spawned from fucking thin air!!! . who hired this writers!

And yeah we get men bad generic plot, male lawyer is so heavy handed and obvious ,this is the level female lead writing has fallen to and yeah media keeps asking why female characters aren't popular as male leads!!

Don't get why this dumb trope of elevating female characters while dumbing down male characters is so common

its dumb and just undermines the female character further. like seriously if the best way to show strength of a character is by downgrading another, that character was never strong to begin with, the writers don't have confidence the character can stand on their own alongside strong and competent male characters which is just disappointing and regressive and not progressive as they think.

writing this episode was god awful , whole episode was jumping from random scene to scene with little connective tissue and jokes felt so forced
 they gonna fuck daredevil cameo up at this rate. 

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2022 at 4:33 AM, Legion By Night said:

Courtrooms? No, this is a show about punching, girlbossing, 4th wall breaks, and cameos

You know — Deadpool

Yes, Jennifer Walters/She Hulk was neck in neck with Deapool when it came to breakng the fourth wall.

I am talking, of  course, about the 90's She Hulk revival.

The original 70's comics were, to be honest, pretty bland. CHarecter did not take off until the 90's.

I still over the She Hulk cover where she says if you don';t buy her comic book this time around,she is going to break into your home and rip apart all your X Men comics.

This is easily the worst premiere out of all the shows so far by a wide margin. Not funny at all. I didn't have high hopes after the trailer, and it's not exceeding my low expectations. Hopefully it gets better as the story actually kicks off.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

7 hours ago, Cap said:

LOL. Boys. 

The feminism angle is faux progressive and insincere. The worst kind of globalism pandering. None of the humor works. The CGI is so poorly animated and limits Tatiana's performance. Marvel continues to struggle writing female characters--we've seen the snarky wisecracking woman in like 3/5 shows now. The exposition dump in the car of Ruffalo explaining the gadget hecreated to shift back to human form was sloppy. 

• ...wtf 1

36 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The feminism angle is faux progressive and insincere.

Uh huh 

The worst kind of globalism pandering

oooh you say. 

None of the humor works.

i thought the bathroom scene was so funny and accurate. 

I also laughed real hard when I was at the point in the episode where if Bruce did not stop talking I was gonna punch him in the face, and she got to the point where she was like if you don’t stop talking I’m gonna punch you in the face.

. Marvel continues to struggle writing female characters--we've seen the snarky wisecracking woman in like 3/5 shows now.

oh no. Wisecracking women. We can’t have that. 

The exposition dump in the car of Ruffalo explaining the gadget hecreated to shift back to human form was sloppy. 

I wasn’t paying attention to that because we were talking about Steve Rogers in the car.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It’s hilarious (and very telling) just how triggered this show has made some people on Twitter, it’s a silly fun show about a big green lawyer, why people are expecting it to be some kind of epic world changing legal drama is beyond me. Also the CGI is fine, I really don’t get the complaint there. Does it look like a big $250 million budget movie? No, because it’s a TV show, and it looks absolutely fine for what it is.

The Daredevil episode is going to blow their tiny little minds (and make my block list grow exponentially!).

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’s hilarious (and very telling) just how triggered this show has made some people on Twitter, it’s a silly fun show about a big green lawyer, why people are expecting it to be some kind of epic world changing legal drama is beyond me.

I only saw people make fun of the scene where she-hulk talks about controlling anger and I thought that was pretty justified.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

It’s hilarious (and very telling) just how triggered this show has made some people on Twitter, it’s a silly fun show about a big green lawyer, why people are expecting it to be some kind of epic world changing legal drama is beyond me. Also the CGI is fine, I really don’t get the complaint there. Does it look like a big $250 million budget movie? No, because it’s a TV show, and it looks absolutely fine for what it is.

The Daredevil episode is going to blow their tiny little minds (and make my block list grow exponentially!).

yeah like anyone expected a serious show after watching that trailer, what i didn't expect  was such a lazily written episode and poorly written female character . Yeah she doesn't need to be hulk and she never was in the comics but the way its handled here is child like and feels like i was watching one of those pre teen Netflix films. 

it being a silly funny show is no excuse, lots of comedies are competently written.

15 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The feminism angle is faux progressive and insincere. The worst kind of globalism pandering. None of the humor works. The CGI is so poorly animated and limits Tatiana's performance. Marvel continues to struggle writing female characters--we've seen the snarky wisecracking woman in like 3/5 shows now. The exposition dump in the car of Ruffalo explaining the gadget hecreated to shift back to human form was sloppy. 

black widow , wanda atleast until wandavision, kamala khan and kate bishop have had good starts , yelena was great in BW but fell flat in hawkeye . Mcu has  some decent female characters IMO 

WV finale and MOM Kind of put a dent on wanda's character.

though do agree the feminism angle here was just terrible and awfully written. popular female characters like sarah, ripley,furiosa ,wonderwoman in the first movie have all had girl power moments but those were better recieved and made more sense in the storyline and were better written. 

when you state issues on the poor female character , twitter reduces the criticism to "men triggered" and yeah i do agree there are some nasty individuals on internet but thats no excuse against criticism. here is an example for you ripley in aliens slapped a man in the movie in 1986 when sexism was way more blatant than today but did it really attract that much negative attention, no because it made sense in the story , he was indecisive and would have cost them there lives.

The problem imo is not certain female character being better the male character in a story but it not making sense or being competently written or being forced

22 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

What kind of buzzword mishmash is this? Globalism pandering???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I only saw people make fun of the scene where she-hulk talks about controlling anger and I thought that was pretty justified.

TBF, I've seen a lot of Fandom Menace/Quartering-style chuds hating on the show and talking about how "woke" it is and that it's the worst thing Marvel's ever created. But I also follow a lot of people who love dunking on those dudes and they do a hit job on anything that has somebody with XX chromosomes as the star, so...yeah.

7 minutes ago, Eric the Lion said:

TBF, I've seen a lot of Fandom Menace/Quartering-style chuds hating on the show and talking about how "woke" it is and that it's the worst thing Marvel's ever created. But I also follow a lot of people who love dunking on those dudes and they do a hit job on anything that has somebody with XX chromosomes as the star, so...yeah.

Fandom menace will always complain about "woke" even when it's not applicable . Those channels are extremely agenda driven .

8 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

black widow , wanda atleast until wandavision, kamala khan and kate bishop have had good starts , yelena was great in BW but fell flat in hawkeye . Mcu has  some decent female characters IMO 

WV finale and MOM Kind of put a dent on wanda's character.

though do agree the feminism angle here was just terrible and awfully written. popular female characters like sarah, ripley,furiosa ,wonderwoman in the first movie have all had girl power moments but those were better recieved and made more sense in the storyline and were better written. 

when you state issues on the poor female character , twitter reduces the criticism to "men triggered" and yeah i do agree there are some nasty individuals on internet but thats no excuse against criticism. here is an example for you ripley in aliens slapped a man in the movie in 1986 when sexism was way more blatant than today but did it really attract that much negative attention, no because it made sense in the story , he was indecisive and would have cost them there lives.

The problem imo is not certain female character being better the male character in a story but it not making sense or being competently written or being forced

I think Olsen, Steinfeld, Pugh have given some of the best performances in the entire MCU. Maslany was really fun in the pilot, I'll give her that. But it also exposes the weaknesses in Marvel's characterizations lately. Reminds me of how similar Strange/Stark were. The writing is so surface level and lacks depth and variety.

Even Oscar Isaac was doing the quipping and mugging in Moon Knight! Which ok, I get. This is Marvel. The emphasis is on fun first. But the original Avengers had such varying dynamics which is what kickstarted this entire enterprise. It was the joy of seeing all these characters interact

17 minutes ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Why are you guys so incapable of accepting any form of criticism on the content you like? any negative comment is reduced to "pretentious" or made into some gender thing

If the Marvel logo was slapped on Leni Riefenstahl's Nazi propaganda, this thread would still be like "Hell yeah, girlboss! This was so fun!"

Tbf words like faux feminism and globalism pandering ,what do they mean in relation to the episode.?

They kind come of  pretentious because some  users may not understand what your saying .

MCU shows have been heavily criticized on this forum Tbh.

Aren't the words you have used above in your criticism related to gender too so definitely some will attach gender to it. 

so it's up to you word out your criticism  on the feminism angle in this show better .