Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: She-Hulk: Attorney at Law | August 17, 2022 | Tatiana Maslany stars

color me suprised . After last week's disaster of an episode . really enjoyed this episode. maslany was having way more fun and humour didnt feel as forced as the first episode. wasnt expecting the  major cameo we got in this and yeah it was suprisingly good and blonsky feels like a character  and not a marketing ploy to  bring more viewers in

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 2

This episode was way better as they handle the Feminist elements and humor really well. Also thought the character development is getting better while the plot did set up the next episode nicely. However, I will say that the CGI still needs improving because it looked sloppy and unfitting throughout the episode.

1 hour ago, Marcos12 said:

She-Hulk has 5.1/10 on IMDB, is it really that bad, or is she suffering some sort of  nerd rage/trolls attack?

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Nerd/trolls, I don’t love the show but it’s definitely not that bad.

From what I understand it really is also An Acquired Taste.  That is, being a more comedic/less serious take on a nerd/geek property isn't going to work equally for everyone.  Nor should it! 

But it does seem to be leaning strongly into a type of humor/storytelling that... Hrmmm.  Isn't everyone's cup of tea, which is just exasperating things a bit.

---

But to piggyback on what cax16 said, take a look at the individual episode rankings:

1] 6.5/10

2] 6.3/10

3] 6.0/10

That last one is... Okay... Let's say "attracting attention" due in part to the after credit scene mentioned earlier in the thread, but still.  The individual episode ratings aren't at all pointing to a 5.1/10 show. 

NB:  As I took pains to say at the beginning this looks to be An Acquired Taste. Nothing wrong with thinking it's bad or just don't like it or anything else.  Just observing that the individual ratings aren't pointing to a 5.1/10 show.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marcos12 said:

She-Hulk has 5.1/10 on IMDB, is it really that bad, or is she suffering some sort of  nerd rage/trolls attack?

Simple answer- MCU fandom has both feminists & sexist fans. When they give female character importance or show a female character is more powerful/better control of powers than a male character sexists get angry & review bomb the show/movie. Same thing happened with Captain Marvel. These female characters are not divisive but MCU fandom was itself divisive from the beginning, division was not visible during Infinity Saga because all the projects were lead by Males except 1.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Porthos said:

From what I understand it really is also An Acquired Taste.  That is, being a more comedic/less serious take on a nerd/geek property isn't going to work equally for everyone.  Nor should it! 

But it does seem to be leaning strongly into a type of humor/storytelling that... Hrmmm.  Isn't everyone's cup of tea, which is just exasperating things a bit.

---

But to piggyback on what cax16 said, take a look at the individual episode rankings:

1] 6.5/10

2] 6.3/10

3] 6.0/10

That last one is... Okay... Let's say "attracting attention" due in part to the after credit scene mentioned earlier in the thread, but still.  The individual episode ratings aren't at all pointing to a 5.1/10 show. 

NB:  As I took pains to say at the beginning this looks to be An Acquired Taste. Nothing wrong with thinking it's bad or just don't like it or anything else.  Just observing that the individual ratings aren't pointing to a 5.1/10 show.

Episode ratings look suspicious to me as well considering almost every real reaction I've seen has liked episodes 2 and 3 more than 1. When the review bombing is this obvious I tend to just ignore it.

• Like 1

If the show actually stays a silly legal comedy with just adjusting to life as someone with powers, it could actually end up pretty good

But given the hint in the final scene at a "Boss" I am fearing we're gonna get the MCU swerve into a big villain plot consuming everything up

Really the first episode turned me of this show, I enjoyed every other show of the MCU so far. WV, Loki and Hawkeye are my favorites. Kate Bishop And Yelena's relationship is just awesome. Can't they just a series of those two instead of this? 

I have watched all episode that are out and I would for real can understand why it has 5.1/10 on IMDB and don't believe it is that much affected by the right wing nuts that tried to rating bomb Captain Marvel and started that BS "Get woke go broke". 

Edited by tawasal

On 9/2/2022 at 10:05 AM, Porthos said:

They wouldn't freak out if it were Deadpool twerking.