Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: Ms. Marvel | June 8 2022 | Directors include Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah, Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy and Meera Menon

12 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

June 8th? Won't that put it against Obi-Wan releases though?

Possibly but I feel like they will move Obi-Wan to Friday after the premiere. I think they only put it to Premier on that date because it’s the 45th anniversary of the original Star Wars release.

2 minutes ago, KnucklesXXR said:

Possibly but I feel like they will move Obi-Wan to Friday after the premiere. I think they only put it to Premier on that date because it’s the 45th anniversary of the original Star Wars release.

Boba Fett was released on Wednesday as well. Although I'm not sure that's a ringing endorsement.

Edited by poweranimals

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

People whining on YouTube and Twitter when the new powers are far more visually appealing. 

This. Not everything translates from CB to live action and if stretching looked awkward working around it to make powers more appealing is fine in my book. Her fist still got large (embiggen!) only inside Paul Atreides shield or whatever that cool looking glass/ice/shield/whatever is. 

• Like 1

Even putting aside the big changes to powers/origin vs the comics, which I care somewhat about but not that much… I am just not very excited for this from what we’ve seen/been told.   

But! So far it seems like the 3 first new character shows will each lean into much more of a distinct tone/theme than usual (that su to say, vs movies FWS Loki & Hawkeye), and I do like that. WV has been the best so far and the best parts were the sitcom spoofing ones, so I’m all for using this to experiment with variety and push the “this superhero property is a take on XYZ genre” line a bit farther. 

Edited by Villain Legion

8 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

First thing I see is your post with 650k likes in 10 hours, Wayback Machine may have something.

Looks like about 70-75% at the 10 hr mark, should end up below 1M but potentially 2nd highest d+ show. Now I’m pretty curious about She-Hulk — is this secular growth? Is it new character introductions being more interesting than projects starring established characters? That would be somewhat the reverse of the movie dynamic!

9 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Looks like about 70-75% at the 10 hr mark, should end up below 1M but potentially 2nd highest d+ show. Now I’m pretty curious about She-Hulk — is this secular growth? Is it new character introductions being more interesting than projects starring established characters? That would be somewhat the reverse of the movie dynamic!

We'll see where Moon Knight actually lands with views, am kinda wondering if NWH accelerated like inflation for Marvel stuff.

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Stretchy powers are fuckin terrible on screen and marvel limiting it to just Mr. Fantastic is gonna save Kamala Khan from looking like a Ja jabroni. 

Trailer is popping off definitely, looks like the tween tone is gonna be a success. 

Hell even what makes Mr Fantastic a hero is his brain, his stretching powers barely work for anything.

I'm ready for the hell that it's going to be Netflix One Piece with stretching powers.

7 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Hell even what makes Mr Fantastic a hero is his brain, his stretching powers barely work for anything.

I'm ready for the hell that it's going to be Netflix One Piece with stretching powers.

Adapting gomu gomu visually will be nothing compared the farce of cramming a 1050 chapter story into 8 episodes 😂

I don’t know anything about the Show because I’m pretty spoiler phobic and I don’t track any of that stuff, but regarding the powers based off of the comic book:

Spoiler

In this the cosmic glow looks a lot like Carol’s powers. And it looks a little bit like Monica’s as well. So they could be trying to get all the Marvels aligned.

But thematically, The first arc of Kamala’s story in Ms Marvel is embracing being a hero on her own terms, and not just trying to be Carol’s replica.  She actually at one point basically ends up in Carol’s body or an illusion of Carol’s body. That feels like something you couldn’t do in the series without it getting really messy.

But how you could translate that is she starts off with basically Carol’s powers and as she develops into her own superhero, she starts to show off her own set of powers/moves/the big fist.

Basically, the bottom line is, it’s only a minute of footage and we don’t know what episodes it’s from. So we don’t know what they’re holding back. So there’s really no reason to get heated about anything until the show starts. All I know is:

image.gif