Eric Duncan

Disney+ MCU: What If? | Season 2 launches early 2023

If we're ranking the shows:

1. Loki

2. Wandavision

3. What If?

4. Falcon and the Winter Soldier (which was actually more compelling than What If? but its main villain plot was so badly edited, my enjoyment was still less:)...

The last 2 episodes were fine...it just ultimately didn't really gel overall for me as a whole series, no matter how much they tried to jam it all together in the finale...

I don’t trust anywhere else on the Internet to not have spoilers, so I’m coming out of my self-imposed isolation for five seconds to say that:

Instead of watching Doctor Strange, Mom and I did our Madness pre-game By watching the What If series. We never watched it before because I didn’t know if she would like that it was cartoons.

She really liked it. I was actually surprised. She was so funny because she kept asking questions about What she should and shouldn’t remember. I do blame myself for some of her gaps. She had no idea who Ultron was, and I consider that me doing my job. Because I too, would like to forget that movie exists. 😂😂😂

I also appreciate how my mom is absolutely a Loki Stan, because she got excited every time Loki showed up! She was not really amused by the what if Thor was an only child title before we started the episode. She’s like where is Loki? And I just went will see. We’ll see.

As for me, upon re-watching, I have to say this might be my favorite Marvel property. It’s definitely my favorite of the Disney+ stuff that they’ve done. I am just an absolute sucker for alternative universe is. I just want all of them to be friends, I want the characters to hang out and compare notes! When watcher talks about how important everyone is to him, I got a little teary-eyed. I’m like I agree!!! Steve and Peggy and Nat and Sam are important to me too!!!

I thought the zombie episode was better. I remember being a little cool on it the first time.

I still don’t really like the Doctor Strange episode. Liked the visuals in the mythology, just really don’t care about Doctor Strange or Christine dying over, and over, and over, and over again.

The Thor episode I liked more the second time. I was less upset that Carol was in an adversary position and more just going along with the party.

I still think the episode where all the Avengers die is my favorite. How can I go to the universe where the Avengers are just Carol and Steve and Natasha. What a world we could live in!!!

And it’s still really emotional watching the T’Challa Star Lord episode. I don’t know if that’s ever gonna go away.

And I like that the episodes were quick and that there was a variety. So I’m very excited for season two of this.

Mom Was so cute. She asked me if any of the characters in the What If series we’re gonna show up in the movie on Thursday. And I told her, in complete honesty, I have no idea cause I haven’t been on the Internet in three months and I don’t know the plot of the movie!!!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, poweranimals said:

I’m surprised no one has posted this yet. Anyways, season 2 premieres on December 22nd. I don’t know why they’re burning it all off in a week. I’m not really a fan of this trend.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/what-if-season-2-trailer

Season 1 struggled to place on a less crowded "originals Nielsen leaderboard (and that was with the selling point of the actual MCU actors (sans RDJ explaining why they constantly marginalized a living version of the character). This just doesn't have a large potential audience so dumping them all at once has a larger chance to make a splash and for one of the episodes to make some noise (and drive people to check it out).  

Edited by PlatnumRoyce