Eric Duncan

Disney+ MCU: Moon Knight

It's at 77% (51 fresh 15 rotten), but for some reason RT is displaying the score as 87%. Not sure what's up there.

Anyway I think this will be a well liked show by audiences, the flaws that critics are pointing out don't seem like things that will cripple its reception too much. My main hope is that I enjoy it more than the 2021 shows (none of which were better than mid tier Marvel).

Edited by Menor Reborn

This is a pretty bad tonal balance. Not sure what Isaac is doing here and this quippy nebbish character is jarring alongside Ethan Hawke basically reprising his First Reformed character. The truck scene with WHAM song… why? It’s like Marvel is too afraid to totally embrace the darkness alluded to here. Not fond of the action either and I’ll always be at odds with this cold, digital sheen

• Disbelief 1

7 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

It's at 77% (51 fresh 15 rotten), but for some reason RT is displaying the score as 87%. Not sure what's up there.

Anyway I think this will be a well liked show by audiences, the flaws that critics are pointing out don't seem like things that will cripple its reception too much. My main hope is that I enjoy it more than the 2021 shows (none of which were better than mid tier Marvel).

88% now from 68 reviews and a 7.4 avg

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

This is a pretty bad tonal balance. Not sure what Isaac is doing here and this quippy nebbish character is jarring alongside Ethan Hawke basically reprising his First Reformed character. The truck scene with WHAM song… why? It’s like Marvel is too afraid to totally embrace the darkness alluded to here. Not fond of the action either and I’ll always be at odds with this cold, digital sheen

At this point you're watching Marvel content just to torture yourself. It's almost masochistic.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Villain Legion said:

Tonal imbalance? In a pilot about DID? Definitely a mistake, not at all thematic.

No, it's a mistake. You don't go from a moody confrontation to an immediate fight scene with gags and stunts and WHAM playing over it. The humor doesn't land at all and undermines the darkness and the situation he is experiencing

Edited by BestPicturePlutoNash