Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: Moon Knight

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

I liked it but the episode ended right when it started getting good. Wish it was longer.

Yeah my main complaint is that Steven was pretty lame and clueless. I understand why they went with this framing device but I just feel like I want more Marc.

1 hour ago, Villain Legion said:

Yeah my main complaint is that Steven was pretty lame and clueless. I understand why they went with this framing device but I just feel like I want more Marc.

I imagine that we will see a lot more marc from now on anyway.Personally speaking i LOVED the first ep.

• Like 3

Liked the first episode. First time I am seeing an MCU show so soon after release rather than months after release like with others :P

Oscar Isaac is great, he plays the awkward, weird and confused character well. I am loving the mystery and obviously they are not gonna reveal everything in the first episode itself. Costume looks great, can't wait to see more of it in action. Also loving all the creatures, I like a bit of Egyptology so I am a bit biased towards that. Third best opening episode for me after WandaVision and Loki. 

5 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

No, it's a mistake. You don't go from a moody confrontation to an immediate fight scene with gags and stunts and WHAM playing over it. The humor doesn't land at all and undermines the darkness and the situation he is experiencing

No it doesn't. The incongruous humor adds to the jarring and dreamlike nature of the scene. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

No it doesn't. The incongruous humor adds to the jarring and dreamlike nature of the scene. 

I disagree, didn’t work for me at all. And it’s not just that scene, the entire episode has that ricocheting whiplash. Isaac at the museum with the wacky accent and quippy co-workers. He’s a jarring character but it doesn’t work for me, especially because Isaac is playing such a bland, neeby character with Peter Sellers accent. Just find it blunt and broadly shrill to depict his disorder that way. I agree with the reviews from Hollywood Reporter and Slant.

1 minute ago, Menor Reborn said:

Gonna see with this if imdb rating at similar point can be used as a view proxy for these fan-heavy shows. If so then MK should be well ahead of Hawkeye but slightly behind Loki. 

I have had success using it as a proxy so far, but only via eyeballing and wayback. If you want to keep real stats have at it.   

I think it should work reasonably well for mcu vs mcu, maybe medium correlation for SW and DC, outside of that I wouldn’t expect much yeah.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Saw that the IMDb score dropped suspiciously fast with the latest batch of new ratings, checked the recent reviews to see what happened...apparently Turkish viewers are mad that it acknowledged the Armenian genocide...

Lmfao 🤣  

Well there goes our num rating: view investigation 👀

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Saw that the IMDb score dropped suspiciously fast with the latest batch of new ratings, checked the recent reviews to see what happened...apparently Turkish viewers are mad that it acknowledged the Armenian genocide...

Everyday the internet finds a way to surprise me.

I did find weird that the score dropped so sudden but I did not look too much into it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Yeah saw that too. Was wondering why and checked the MCU sub and found out  that it was being review bombed. IMDB has gone to shit, they should try and figure out a system like RT verified audience score (I mean for movies, I know there is no way to verify if someone saw a show or not)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

IMDB has become an unreliable metric. The review bombing is severe. Look at Turning Red. West Side Story is another 3.3% 1/10 votes, mostly because the Ansel stuff

I sometimes can't get how something so inoffensive like Turning Red can get hate.

Edited by Fox20