Eric Atreides

The Peacemaker | HBO Max | Based on John Cena's character in The Suicide Squad

So from reactions I’ve read it seems like most like it and the mixed ones are still a bit more positive then negative. Sounds like it’s very much in the style or TSS so I’m assuming if people liked that they’ll like this but if you didn’t like the humour in that I assume this will be even more over the top so I doubt you’ll like this lol. 

Edited by cax16

2 eps in, this is decent. Gunn's edgy humor is hit and miss, but Cena is a comic stud. Gunn has come full circle for this is a Troma TV show made with Hollywood money. Lloyd Kaufman must be so proud. 

Peacemaker has lost the edge that defined him in TSS. I’d rather watch 8 eps about Vigilante — although I guess as soon as he became a title character he’d have suddenly have some dumb arc about the morality of killing 🙄   

I do like most of the supporting cast though, I’ll probably watch it to the end.

4 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

Peacemaker has lost the edge that defined him in TSS. I’d rather watch 8 eps about Vigilante — although I guess as soon as he became a title character he’d have suddenly have some dumb arc about the morality of killing 🙄   

I do like most of the supporting cast though, I’ll probably watch it to the end.

I think Peacemakers lost that edge in the fight with Flag tbh , you could see the look on his face after he stabbed Flag(and Flag said the peacemaker “what a joke line”)and also the hesitation when it came to shooting ratcatcher. 

I think the shows doing a good job explaining those feelings now, but I do get what you’re saying. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Product Driven Legion said:

I find Vigilante annoying, which to be fair is the point where even as everybody dumps on Peacemaker...even he at best merely tolerates this homicidal dweeb. I just don't know how he can sustain a series on his own. 

Some of the jokes go on for too long (that Louis CK one for example) but appreciate a show that's this unabashedly stupid. That reveal in the final moments of episode 2 would be something that would be "serious" in other shows but Gunn just leans into how stupid it looks and I was was laughing my ass off here.

• Like 2

I loved the first three episodes, we were laughing our asses off. The opening credits are pure gold. Action is fantastic as well.

It also just understands it's a TV show, it clearly has a smaller budget than the MCU ones but everything is unfolding naturally, there's no awkward editing choices, it's not over-extending itself. 

I just appreciate the absolute zaniness of it all, especially the B-movie esque plot that's unfolding. 

• Like 1