Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: Secret Invasion | Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn and Olivia Colman

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/nick-fury-series-samuel-l-jackson-disney-plus-1234782313/

Samuel L. Jackson is set to reprise the role of Nick Fury in a new Marvel series currently in development at Disney Plus, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

The exact plot details of the show are being kept under wraps, but multiple sources say Jackson is attached to star with Kyle Bradstreet attached to write and executive produce. Like all the other Marvel shows at Disney Plus, Marvel Studios will produce.

Reps for Jackson, Bradstreet, and Disney did not immediately respond to Variety‘s request for comment.

Should the project go to series — which seems highly likely — it would be the latest big budget Marvel show to get the greenlight at Disney Plus from Kevin Feige’s Marvel Studios. “WandaVision” is supposed to drop later this year, with “The Falcon and Winter Soldier” and “Loki” on deck for 2021. It was also recently reported that Tatiana Maslany is attached to star in the “She-Hulk” series in the works at the streamer. Other Marvel shows in the works include “Hawkeye,” “Moon Knight,” and “Ms. Marvel.”

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Kinda hope Pinar Toprak would do this as I really enjoyed her Captain Marvel score (hope she's back for the sequel) but Giacchino is a reliable and safe choice.

agree, her soundtrack is one of few I even bought, still hear it

1 hour ago, Eric #TeamKong said:

Ayyyyyyy

As he already played Malcom X, and Barak Obama, also Tristan of Arthur’s knights (and a couple of Shakespearean roles).... whom he play next?

As in jokingly meant, but who knows....

On 4/20/2021 at 4:13 PM, Valonqar said:

Disney loves Emilia (Solo, likely will appear in Lando) and Mendo (ROgue One, Marvel). Now that Collman joined, I hope they woo more The Crown actors in their MCU and/or SW properties. 

Between her and Erin Kellyman starring everywhere, I'd choose Emilia Clark in a heartbeat 

11 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Between her and Erin Kellyman starring everywhere, I'd choose Emilia Clark in a heartbeat 

Amen. Emilia was underrated on GOT. Season 8 as crap as it was allowed her to shine. She was very good in romantic movies too. 

Kellyman is terrible. I honestly think that she is someone's cousin and that Disney astroturfed interest in her after Solo. Not only that the movie was a flop which means far less fans saw it but how could you know whether she could act from her short unmasked scene in it? Nothing special there. Turned out she is really bad. 

I'd like to see her comedic timing explored a bit more. Pretty sure she hasn't said a single comedic sentence in the whole 8 seasons of GoT. In Solo it wasn't really a comedic role either, but Marvel are known for their comedy and bringing out hidden comedic talents is their specialty (like Chris Hemsworth).

Curious to see if she has something to work with here.