antovolk

Mufasa: The Lion King | December 20, 2024 | Barry Jenkins | Prequel to Favreau's CGI Version

19 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

The remake pretty much had Scar dropping hints about his and Mufasa's origin at a few points. That was now clearly a set up for this prequel.

On this front, I assume we have to learn Scar's real name. 

12 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Was searching through vfx companies in Toronto, Canada when I found something interesting https://www.mpcfilm.com/en/filmography/?years=2025

This vfx company has the lion king 2 dated for 2025. Disney has two unknown dates for 2025 Valentine's day weekend and late July

Announcement at D23 looks very possible 

If it is 2025, I imagine it’s the July date. Looks like 2025 will be (potentially) as big for Disney as 2019.

22 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

My money is on Valentines Day. How could a leak like this happen?

The 2019 version came out in July and movies that are generally targeted at families will do better over summer.

As for how this happen, it’s not really a secret that it’s coming and release schedules don’t qualify as leaks.

12 hours ago, The More Fun XXR said:

I smell $1.3-1.4B WW on the way. 

nah. I think this will struggle to make half of the first. The first has been forgotten (the 1994 version is all anyone thinks about when they think of The Lion King) and it used up the novelty of nostalgia and photorealistic CGI animals 

Nah we're getting a big drop here no matter what they do. These remakes all coast by on the novelty of "it's that cartoon you love in real life" and nothing else. It works once, and obviously works from film to film, but the novelty doesn't work a second time, especially when there's nothing else really substantive that would make people want a follow-up. That's why Alice and Maleficent saw substantial falls from their predecessors and I see zero reason why this would change for a remake that frankly wasn't even that well-liked by people to begin with.

The only way you really can continue these iterations and find success would be what they were going to do with Beauty and the Beast and make a Disney+ streaming show.

• Heart 1