cax16

Cry Macho | WB | September 17, 2021 | Clint Eastwood Directing/Starring

https://deadline.com/2021/03/clint-eastwoods-cry-macho-sets-fall-release-1234719584/

Warner Bros. will open Cry Macho from Clint Eastwood on Oct. 22. The multi-Oscar winner will star and direct the feature based on N. Richard Nash’s novel.

The pic will hit theaters and HBO Max day-and-date as that’s Warner Bros.’ plan for its 2021 slate.

Eastwood stars as a one-time rodeo star and washed up horse breeder who, in 1978, takes a job from an ex-boss to bring the man’s young son home and away from his alcoholic mom.  Crossing rural Mexico on their back way to Texas, the unlikely pair faces an unexpectedly challenging journey, during which the world-weary horseman may find his own sense of redemption through teaching the boy what it means to be a good man.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I know WB has bigger, probably more critically acclaimed movies to push for Oscars this year, but I'm hoping Eastwood gets pushed for actor at least. I really want him to beat the record for oldest nominee. I'd love it if this movie became a huge Oscar contender in general (especially after the massive Sully and Richard Jewell) snubs but probably not. 

• Like 1