cax16

Cry Macho | WB | September 17, 2021 | Clint Eastwood Directing/Starring

Just watched Million Dollar Baby recently, man eastwood is an EXCELLENT director when he brings it. Even his “lesser” good movies like American Sniper and Richard Jewell have some moments of brilliance in them. Can’t say the same for 15:17 to Paris though, that movie was truly awful.

Basically, I’m pretty excited for this.

10 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Where is the trailer? WB released just released a trailer for a crap looking movie that's still not out for months but nothing for this yet. Are they trying to dump another Eastwood film?

What's the crap looking movie?

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Where is the trailer? WB released just released a trailer for a crap looking movie that's still not out for months but nothing for this yet. Are they trying to dump another Eastwood film?

Eastwood movies have always begun their marketing late in the game. Million Dollar Baby wasn't on the radar until a few weeks before it came out, for instance.

• Like 1

Sorry to double post, but I’ve just seen this isn’t getting released in the UK until November 12th, almost a full 2 months after the US…I know this will probably skew older, but having a perfect 1080p rip of this available for two months prior to release thanks to HBO Max will absolutely tank this.

WB really doesn’t know how to handle Clint Eastwood’s films outside the US, Richard Jewell bombed here as well…

• Like 1

Dear God what a horrible trailer this have (not that WB trailers are being good this year but still yikes).

It try so hard to manipulate audiences around Eastwood popular imaginary and legacy that it became laughable, not effective (except for diehard fans probably).

Of course this doesn't mean the movie itself will be bad (it looks slighty like white savior shit but that's expected). But since WB pulled this from the usual October slate for their award bets and put it on September without any screener on festivals i would bet it's not great either, let's see.