Jump to content
lorddemaxus

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City | November 24, 2021 | Kaya Scodelario as Claire, Robbie Amell as Chris, Hannah John-Kamen as Jill, Avan Jogia as Leon

Recommended Posts

I liked 47 Metres Down and Strangers Prey At Night (on second viewing)

 

Not huge on The Other Side of the Door and 47 Metres Down Uncaged was just ok. 
 

All still better than the Resident Evil films in my opinion lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I liked 47 Metres Down and Strangers Prey At Night (on second viewing)

 

Not huge on The Other Side of the Door and 47 Metres Down Uncaged was just ok. 
 

All still better than the Resident Evil films in my opinion lol. 

I loved 47 meters down just for having the sheer audacity to go with that ending.

 

Strangers prey at night was fun as well. Other 2 were ehhh

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having a look at CARA (Classification and Rating Administration) it seems Resident Evil had there trailer rated on September 9. I don't know why it has not been released. Normally once a trailer is rated by CARA it is released in the following 2 weeks. I guess they did it in time for Venom 2 being released to pair it with that. I don't know why they did not show it there.

 

They are not changing plans and selling it to a streamer now at this late stage?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Having a look at CARA (Classification and Rating Administration) it seems Resident Evil had there trailer rated on September 9. I don't know why it has not been released. Normally once a trailer is rated by CARA it is released in the following 2 weeks. I guess they did it in time for Venom 2 being released to pair it with that. I don't know why they did not show it there.

 

They are not changing plans and selling it to a streamer now at this late stage?

Makes as much sense as anything. Or Sony is just incompetent.

 

I mean apparently Sony forgot to hand over Hotel Transylvania 4 to Amazon (who bought it) and it was suppose to come out this past weekend, provoking a flood of angry complaints from parents on twitter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ronin46 said:

Having a look at CARA (Classification and Rating Administration) it seems Resident Evil had there trailer rated on September 9. I don't know why it has not been released. Normally once a trailer is rated by CARA it is released in the following 2 weeks. I guess they did it in time for Venom 2 being released to pair it with that. I don't know why they did not show it there.

 

They are not changing plans and selling it to a streamer now at this late stage?

Maybe they were that scared by fans' reaction after first materials? I mean it's just dumb, who cares, they would complain even if they showed game's footage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gavin Feng said:

 

 

 

Stupid Sony. Should have attached with every print of venom 2 in the states and Russia and with atleast half of thw prints of NTTD in overseas markets. Would have gotten the much needed general public exposure.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I posted yesterday this was rated by CARA 1 month ago and they did not attach it to Venom in theaters. Maybe they were trying to do a deal with a streamer at the last minute and it fell through. Hotel Trans 4 which was suppose to be on Amazon already is going to be released there on Jan 14. Not sure what is up with Sony.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Maybe they were trying to do a deal with a streamer at the last minute and it fell through.

Unlikely, they just distribute it, it would be up to Constantin Film to decide. And if test-screenings went really well like VA said earlier, then it would make even less sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s really not that unusual to be honest. It happens all the time. A studio waits for one film to open then immediately moves on to advertising their next. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2021 at 11:15 AM, RRA said:

 

 

I mean apparently Sony forgot to hand over Hotel Transylvania 4 to Amazon (who bought it) and it was suppose to come out this past weekend, provoking a flood of angry complaints from parents on twitter. 

They didn't forget to hand it over, Amazon just didn't announce the new release date. They're distributing it, it was their their job to announce the date. I don't understand why people assumed it meant that it would release on Amazon the same date that Sony had it planned for in theaters. Usually when a streamer buys a movie from a studio they set their own, new release date.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clayman said:

They didn't forget to hand it over, Amazon just didn't announce the new release date. They're distributing it, it was their their job to announce the date. I don't understand why people assumed it meant that it would release on Amazon the same date that Sony had it planned for in theaters. Usually when a streamer buys a movie from a studio they set their own, new release date.

Oh poor Sony. Hopefully their Venom 2 money will wipe their tears after I hurt their feelings.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.