Jump to content
lorddemaxus

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City | November 24, 2021 | Kaya Scodelario as Claire, Robbie Amell as Chris, Hannah John-Kamen as Jill, Avan Jogia as Leon

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Fox20 said:

Re fans are hating it, they don't even care if it's more faithful to the games, they hate how it looks.

they'd hate it even if it was game's footage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Reading the comments on Bloody-Disgusting, that definitely doesn't seem to be a great response. The best praise I've seen is that it's closer to the games.

It certainly was when the trailer dropped earlier.
 

The top comment was “see? It wasn’t that hard”. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Firepower said:

they'd hate it even if it was game's footage.

I mean... It does not look good.

 

It can be fun but it looks cheap as hell.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Charlie Cox dodged a god damn bullet by getting that Marvel Studios bag instead of being Wesker in this

 

Edit: apparently that was for a apparently completely unrelated to this movie adaptation of Resident Evil on Netflix? The fuck?

 

image2.jpg

Edited by SpiderByte
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

I'm typtically easy on CGI, but Goddamn that's some bad CGI on some of the monsters.

 

Overall thing looks like it  belongs on Tubi or Crackle.

That’s what really stuck out to me, none of the creatures looked even slightly tangible. The zombie dog looks shockingly bad.

 

I’ve seen ViewerAnon say on Twitter that it’s had decent test screenings though, so who knows, it could be fun.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed double standards about CGI. Prison break scene in Venom 2 or that infamous CGI fight in Black Panther look even worse than bad CGI monsters here, some of the worst CGI of a decade, but for whatever reason people ignore that in those 100-200 mln budget comic book movies with high profile people behind them where it should be just unacceptable, but in 5-6 times cheaper film without any star team they suddenly destroy the entire movie based on a couple of bad CG shots in a trailer and complain only about that. C'mon, people, be consistent. It can't be acceptable in a much much more expensive movie with Oscar nominated team, but suddenly very very bad in a small-mid budget horror movie without any prestige behind it.

 

2 hours ago, Fox20 said:

I mean... It does not look good.

 

It can be fun but it looks cheap as hell.

Even if it looked expensive, they'd still complain about it, they are never happy about anything.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Firepower said:

I noticed double standards about CGI. Prison break scene in Venom 2 or that infamous CGI fight in Black Panther look even worse than bad CGI monsters here, some of the worst CGI of a decade, but for whatever reason people ignore that in those 100-200 mln budget comic book movies with high profile people behind them where it should be just unacceptable, but in 5-6 times cheaper film without any star team they suddenly destroy the entire movie based on a couple of bad CG shots in a trailer and complain only about that. C'mon, people, be consistent. It can't be acceptable in a much much more expensive movie with Oscar nominated team, but suddenly very very bad in a small-mid budget horror movie without any prestige behind it.

 

Even if it looked expensive, they'd still complain about it, they are never happy about anything.

The cgi in those movies isn’t great either but at least they don’t like webisodes. The sets and lighting are fine but in this? 
3889047-2021-10-0709_23_14-residentevil_

Edited by TheDude391
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Firepower said:

I noticed double standards about CGI. Prison break scene in Venom 2 or that infamous CGI fight in Black Panther look even worse than bad CGI monsters here, some of the worst CGI of a decade, but for whatever reason people ignore that in those 100-200 mln budget comic book movies with high profile people behind them where it should be just unacceptable, but in 5-6 times cheaper film without any star team they suddenly destroy the entire movie based on a couple of bad CG shots in a trailer and complain only about that. C'mon, people, be consistent. It can't be acceptable in a much much more expensive movie with Oscar nominated team, but suddenly very very bad in a small-mid budget horror movie without any prestige behind it.

No

 

Even the worst CGI in Black Panther is a billion times better than any of the CG monsters in this film's trailer. The same goes with Venom 2. Hell, Jungle Cruise looks to have better CGI than what this film has.

At least with Black Panther, people got invested in what was going on that they didn't care about the CGI (it also helps that that fight moment is in a fully CGI background (and transition between them fairly well) compared to Resident Evil's placement of CG in live action plates..

 

With Resident Evil, the monsters are MEANT to elict fright, and they don't. 

 

I mean, look at this goddamn monstrosity.

 

.FBG59szX0AYRUGB?format=jpg&name=large

 

It looks like it belongs with those cut-out aliens in Men in Black that were used as target practice. This thing is supposed to be a serious fright moment. Syfy and Roger Corman would be like "damn, let's go to the drawing board."

 

League of Extraorinary Gentlemen has better CGI and it's almost TWENTY YEARS OLD. And EVERYONE shit on this moment from that film. This moment looks better than ANYTHING CGI from the Resident Evil reboot.

 

https://youtu.be/l1SZ4ccagFQ?t=24

 

The previous Resident Evil films have better CG. This same director had better CGI in his 47 Meters Down movies.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks incredibly faithful to the games which is fascinating because the story in those games is terrible, the dialogue is unbearable, and the characters are as dull as they come. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

No

 

Even the worst CGI in Black Panther is a billion times better than any of the CG monsters in this film's trailer. The same goes with Venom 2. Hell, Jungle Cruise looks to have better CGI than what this film has.

You are going to extremes, take a good look at this, this not billion times difference, in fact I'd argue this looks even worse:

venom-venom-let-there-be-carnage.gif

marvel-bad-cgi-scenes-u1?w=817&h=427&fm=

And most of examples you listed had much higher budget, especially including inflation. So I'm just saying that if people are so harsh about CGI here, they should be as harsh about it in 100-200 mln productions with Academy Awards nominated teams, there's no excuse.

Edited by Firepower
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Firepower said:

You are going to extremes, take a good look at this, this not billion times difference, in fact I'd argue this looks even worse:

venom-venom-let-there-be-carnage.gif

marvel-bad-cgi-scenes-u1?w=817&h=427&fm=

And most of examples you listed had much higher budget, especially including inflation. So I'm just saying that if people are so harsh about CGI here, they should be as harsh about it in 100-200 mln productions with Academy Awards nominated teams, there's no excuse.

 

Going to extremes? I'm being nice to this new Resident Evil. The director previously directed 47 Meters Down 1-2. The first film cost just over 5 million while the second cost 12 million. They cost less than this new Resident Evil and BOTH of them have far better CGI.  The Underworld film series and previous Resident Evil series has similar budgets to this one. Again, better CG, better prosthetics too. Deep Blue Sea 3, a direct to video film from last year that has a budget of probably 2-5 million, has better CG.

 

This film's 40 million. 

 

The only people that care and argue about CGI are forum users - which is what we are. The mass audience that makes Black Panther (aside from that one moment and the rhinos, Black Panther's CGI ain't that bad), Venom (red is a notorious color to animate and at least Carnage looks like he belongs in the enviornment) and all those big 100-200 million productions apparently don't care - a lot of people will overlook bad CGI if the rest of the film is good - so you might as well argue your point to a wall.

 

But who knows, Viewer Anon says there's people that have seen it and liked it, so maybe, like Venom and Black Panther, there's more to like in the film that makes up for CG.

 

Edited by Yandereprime101189
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Going to extremes? I'm being nice to this new Resident Evil.

I mean "billion times" is pretty extreme comparison, especially when examples I posted don't look better at all. Full Carnage clip on Youtube looks even worse than that.

And we don't know the budget yet, it could be 30 mln which could explain dodgy CGI because they try to do a lot of stuff for a lower budget than they needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ViewerAnon said this movie had very good test screenings, so let's wait for this movie.

 

Flop or not, I'm glad we're getting a movie without Milla Jovovich ( she's one of the wrong things that happened in every RE movie after the first one ).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

ViewerAnon said this movie had very good test screenings, so let's wait for this movie.

 

Flop or not, I'm glad we're getting a movie without Milla Jovovich ( she's one of the wrong things that happened in every RE movie after the first one ).

I doubt this had good screenings. Vieweranon has been wrong on many occasions before.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.