lorddemaxus

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City | November 24, 2021 | Kaya Scodelario as Claire, Robbie Amell as Chris, Hannah John-Kamen as Jill, Avan Jogia as Leon

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

IMDb have it at 107 minutes now, so it just misses the limit you gave it, by 3 minutes. 

Hopefully it'll be enough and credits are not 10 minutes long. And I really hope VA is correct here unlike Halloween Kills where reception of the final film was the exact opposite of what he reported.

Sony is dumping this without much marketing. They started their campaign in October AFTER Venom 2 released. Don't understand why they didn't attach the first trailer with that. Probably thought of selling it to Hulu or Netflix or Amazon prime, but couldn't. 2900-3000 should have been the theatrical count.

I like the new direction they took instead of limitless and boring action stuff they did in previously 6 movies, but the creator couldn't give a tone and mood that make me feel nervous or thrilled. It's not awful, but I don't have to turn this on if I want a zombie experience, even watching video game live telecast could be more funny.  Like I said before, it's just a Purge movie with dead people.

• Like 1

Is this another Venom 2 situation? Sony hid that movie from critics for so long only to get 60% on RT! A 40-60% on RT wouldn't be a bad score at all all things considered. But seriously...Sony completely dropped the ball on marketing. Should have attached trailer with Venom 2 and then 2 months of TV spots, posters, 2nd trailer  and online coverage would have been good. 

1 hour ago, marveldcfox said:

Is this another Venom 2 situation? Sony hid that movie from critics for so long only to get 60% on RT! A 40-60% on RT wouldn't be a bad score at all all things considered. But seriously...Sony completely dropped the ball on marketing. Should have attached trailer with Venom 2 and then 2 months of TV spots, posters, 2nd trailer  and online coverage would have been good. 

It will live and die by getting a China release 9last one did 100m plus there) and how it performs in Japan where its been huge in the past. Its a lesser franchise in US. the last one did 26M in USA and 314M worldwide.  

On 11/19/2021 at 4:28 PM, Ronin46 said:

It will live and die by getting a China release 9last one did 100m plus there) and how it performs in Japan where its been huge in the past. Its a lesser franchise in US. the last one did 26M in USA and 314M worldwide.  

this is a hard R rating, so no china release most likely

It's just 7 reviews, it'll most likely end up in 40-50% range after 100 reviews which is totally fine for a video-game adaptation (the best ones were in 30% range). Top critics will trash it, but more fanboyish outlets will be less critical. And let's be honest, it was never going to get good critics reviews.

Edited by Firepower