nghtvsn

We Are Who We Are | HBO Max

We Are Who We Are is a drama limited television series co-created and directed by Luca Guadagnino for HBO and Sky Atlantic. A coming-of-age story set in an army base in Italy, the series follows two American 14-year-olds named Fraser Wilson and Caitlin Harper. The cast includes Chloë Sevigny, Jack Dylan Grazer, Alice Braga, Jordan Kristine Seamón, Spence Moore II, and Scott Mescudi.[1]

The series premiered on September 14, 2020 on HBO in the United States and is set to premiere on October 9, 2020 on Sky Atlantic in Italy.

Just started watching this. The cast is interesting so I gave it a go. It's interesting so far. The show can feel a bit slow because though they are hour episodes to me it can really linger. I liked the how the first two episodes played out from two different characters viewpoints. Fraser and Caitlin are both interesting characters. Not totally likeable though. How his mother puts up with his anger bursts is surprising. The music in the show isn't really doing much for me except for some Nomi clips that I enjoyed. Currently watching Ep 4 and this party day is ridiculous. Danny just used a line "Your hair is incredible" to Caitlin. Lol. I was thinking that from the start. 

Anyone else viewing this? 

I enjoyed ep #6. Fraser exploring his crush with the 30 yr old Johnathan and his mother does not seem to mind. His other mother a bit more questioning. Caitlin's relationship with her family seems to be heading toward a more difficult ending. I really like Chloe Sevigny's performance in this series. There's also Caitlin's brother exploring Islam so who knows where that is heading. 

• Like 1

Guadagnino hopes to explore more of his characters’ complications in “We Are Who We Are” Season 2.

“Me and my beautiful writers, we already wrote a Bible for the second season,” he said, referencing co-creators Sean Conway, Paolo Giordano, and Francesca Manieri. “But we have to see. We did it because we were locked down [during the pandemic], and we didn’t want to waste our time. In lockdown, making Zoom calls, we thought about the characters and we came up with something [for Season 2]. We’ll see. I’m very curious to know how this is received. You can see that this is a very dear project to me. I feel it as something very close to me, and I’m very happy that I’ve done it. So if HBO and Sky would be game for making the great cast return to their great characters, I will be there.”

Guadagnino will have to address a number of projects on his busy docket already. He’s signed on to direct a narrative feature adaptation of Matt Tyrnauer’s 2017 documentary “Scotty and the Secret History of Hollywood,” a new iteration of “Scarface” written by the Coen brothers, and a “Lord of the Flies” adaptation. He also remains invested in making a sequel to “Call Me By Your Name,” and any or all of these may preempt production on a potential “We Are Who We Are” Season 2. (HBO has not renewed the series as of publication.)