TMP

Napoleon | Sony/Apple | November 22, 2023 | Joaquin Phoenix is Napoleon | Ridley Scott

2 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Apple is letting Marty go crazy with a 4 hour runtime so I hope they let Ridley go epic as well. I don't wanna have to wait for an extended cut to fix one of his movies again 😅

Initeestingly enough, 4 horse is the runtime of the Gance film, which pretty much covers the same material.

Scott is usually a stickler for accuracy when it comes to the Military in his films, so I won't have much to pick apart there.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

COme to think of it, his first film "The Duellist" was set during the Napoleonic wars. 

Would've made this film a good coda to his career if he'd made the (highly unlikely, of course) decision to retire after finishing it.

20 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

Would've made this film a good coda to his career if he'd made the (highly unlikely, of course) decision to retire after finishing it.

Watched the Duellist a couple of weeks ago, Still a really good movie.

lthough you have be careful about the producer crediit, at times it's meaningless a sort of menngless goodir.

One producer said he liked to give an actor a producer credit because that ususally meant he did not have to pay the actor as much....

12 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Nappy looks pretty old in that credit.

With his being on shipbaord, mabye is's part of a frame scene at the beginning when he is going into exile at St Helena, with most of the film being a flashback.

"Moderate-high?" Didn't realize there was a tier list :hahaha:

That's the funniest-sounding rating I've seen on a movie since the DVD cover of Alice in Wonderland says PG for violence and a smoking caterpillar.

The trailer is a bit awkwardly cut for me, but I'm glad we're finally getting another installment in the Master and Commander cinematic universe.

8 minutes ago, XXR Electric Touch said:

Something off about a French historical figure speaking in a plain American English accent.

Everyone knows that Europeans speak in British accents!

Edited by Last Man Standing