Taylor

Insidious: The Red Door | July 7, 2023 | Patrick Wilson returning, also directing

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I definitely feel like this franchise peaked... 10 years ago?

That being said, this doesn't look half-bad. All the time Patrick Wilson has spent with James Wan has definitely allowed him to pick up on Wan's style. The trailer looks really well-shot, with some pretty good set-ups for scares, and good tension. Let's hope he pulls through with the film itself.

But yea, even with the main cast returning, I don't see this opening above 20M.

The highst grossing movie of the franchise is the last one from 2018, i think it´s still relevant 

The buzz does seems low, but everyone though the same about the last one, maybe it´s just one of that franchises that people just go see it when it drops but nobody really talk about it frequently 

• Like 1

I'm excited for this. Recently watched all of the previous Insidious movies forgetting this was coming out this year. I'm glad it seems we are getting a sense of resolution with the red-faced demon and Dalton, and how cool that the kid actor is now grown up and playing him again. I feel like that's rare that they didn't have to re-cast the kid who's now an adult. And hell yeah Rose Byrne is back. 

I loved the original when it was released, I've been sort of 'meh' on the sequels, but someone earlier in this thread is right that they are incredibly watchable. Bringing us back to the main characters of the original makes me excited and can serve as a fitting conclusion to the series, if need be. 

4 hours ago, RandomCat said:

So how much Lin Shaye we getting? Just the posthumous video relaying whatever exposition is needed?

I'd guess she'll be in the videos, then show up in The Further during the finale to help win the fight with the demon. It'll be the Insidious equivalent of Black Panther walking through the portal. 

3 hours ago, theruraljuror1121 said:

I'd guess she'll be in the videos, then show up in The Further during the finale to help win the fight with the demon. It'll be the Insidious equivalent of Black Panther walking through the portal. 

I can accept this naked pandering.

5 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

29% on rotten 

I think what can prevent this movie from being huge is that it does looks very bad 

OW seems locked to be strong tho

More than that, it's mostly just a big shrug. There's not much to get out of it even for fans of the lore.

• Like 1