google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content

CAYOM Year 8 Discussion Thread

36 minutes ago, El Squibbonator said:

What do you mean by that?

Some of the writers don't get around to writing some of their bigger projects, and that can for a variety of reasons. Let's say I want to write an adaptation of Yoshi's Island, and I put it on the schedule for Y8 (which is something you can still do by commenting in the advanced schedule thread--but use the submission thread schedule and the studios' Y8 release plans when you're deciding on a date). The only reason why my Yoshi's Island film wouldn't happen in Y8 is if I didn't get around to writing it--maybe I prioritized writing other films, or I couldn't really figure out the plot of Yoshi's Island--which the plot for Yoshi's Island is actually a really easy one to figure out, but that's besides the point 😂. It's something that happens all the time with me and other players--we plan to write a film but just don't get around to it. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by SLAM!

2 minutes ago, El Squibbonator said:

I thought you were talking about movies already on the official calendar. 

Oh, don't worry about those 😂--once the film is posted in the submission thread and it's colored in green on the official calendar, the film is on the calendar for good!

12 minutes ago, El Squibbonator said:

I thought you were talking about movies already on the official calendar. 

We  don't have a overcrowding the calender problem we have an under filled calender problem typically 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SLAM! said:

Some of the writers don't get around to writing some of their bigger projects, and that can for a variety of reasons. Let's say I want to write an adaptation of Yoshi's Island, and I put it on the schedule for Y8 (which is something you can still do by commenting in the advanced schedule thread--but use the submission thread schedule and the studios' Y8 release plans when you're deciding on a date). The only reason why my Yoshi's Island film wouldn't happen in Y8 is if I didn't get around to writing it--maybe I prioritized writing other films, or I couldn't really figure out the plot of Yoshi's Island--which the plot for Yoshi's Island is actually a really easy one to figure out, but that's besides the point 😂. It's something that happens all the time with me and other players--we plan to write a film but just don't get around to it. 🤷‍♂️

Hold up a second, you can’t actually do that. Once the part 1 thread opens, the advanced claiming ends

1 hour ago, Blankments said:

Hold up a second, you can’t actually do that. Once the part 1 thread opens, the advanced claiming ends

Oh, I forgot 😭 

That's good to know for future reference!