TMP

Ambulance | April 8, 2022 | Universal | Michael Bay | Jake Gyllenhaal, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II

I never paid attention to this but got the trailer with Dune. While none of trailers got any reaction ( I guess everyone just wanted the movie to start), I figured this had to be Bayhem or knock-off. I also admit that, while the beginning was confusing, once they settled in the ambulance the plot started to emerge and I got half-interested. Bay blows shit up like nobody's business.

other trailers: MoonLOL, Matrix (2 trailers), Eternals, Scream (best of the bunch hands down - it always helps to show a scene or part of it). 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I never paid attention to this but got the trailer with Dune. While none of trailers got any reaction ( I guess everyone just wanted the movie to start), I figured this had to be Bayhem or knock-off. I also admit that, while the beginning was confusing, once they settled in the ambulance the plot started to emerge and I got half-interested. Bay blows shit up like nobody's business.

other trailers: MoonLOL, Matrix (2 trailers), Eternals, Scream (best of the bunch hands down - it always helps to show a scene or part of it). 

Love that Scream was shown with Dune lol. 

Love  Bay, and people say he is hated?  We've been through this 1000X.  He's gotten praise from Cameron, Spielberg, Bruckheimer and he makes money for the studios that back him.  This looks like everything I like about a Bay movie, explosions, insane action but most importantly terrific relationships that get me every time.  Can't wait for this one.

3 hours ago, Eric Osborn said:

I got the trailer for this in front of NWH. A kid right next to me was freaking out saying "ITS MYSTERIO" when Gyllenhaal showed up. It was certainly an odd experience to say the least.

I got it in front of my showing too. Definitely felt like baiting the comic book audience since we also have Yahya/Black Manta as the other lead lol.

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

I'd love a Bay superhero movie (what happened to his Lobo movie?)...but not Superman please.

Bay is perfect for modern Superman. He was THIS CLOSE to directing JJ Abrams "Superman origin meets War of The Worlds" script starring Josh Hartnett, Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr, Shia LaBuff, and Anthony Hopkins back in 2003. Would have been an insanely big hit.

Honestly this looks like the kind of movie Bay should be making since his hectic style of filmmaking has always seemed more well-suited for urgent thrillers such as this vs. $200M productions dominated by CGI and bigger-than-the-sky explosions. I do think he's more talented than most of his detractors claim, despite the stinkers outweighing the winners in his filmography.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Bay would blow Metropolis up more than Snyder did in Man of Steel, lol.

Bay + Superman makes even more sense than Bay + Pearl Harbor (the ultimate explosion movie) did.

Edited by excel1