Porthos

Ahsoka Live Action Series | Disney Plus | August 23

thought they looked longer/better...

Yes, I am  up right now.

I was making brine for my pork roast for Easter. j1aUlyv.gif

Honest! j1aUlyv.gif 

(okay, I finished that 20 min ago but since I was still up.... :ph34r:)

Edited by Porthos

@Inceptionzq

Now From a Certain POV and all that/who the viewpoint character of a series matters (after all he was a villain in Rebels) and just coz they consulted doesn't necessarily mean they listened, but still perhaps a hopeful sign for your concerns. 

-----

And with that, I'm out.  See y'all on the flip side. 👍

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4

My trepidations are two fold. 

One, I'm not a huge fan of a Rebels sequel being live action, but I know that's just me, I'll get over it, I know.

Two is I'm growing some fear that we're just getting an adaptation of Heir to the Empire. 

On 4/10/2023 at 3:41 AM, RandomCat said:

My trepidations are two fold. 

One, I'm not a huge fan of a Rebels sequel being live action, but I know that's just me, I'll get over it, I know.

Two is I'm growing some fear that we're just getting an adaptation of Heir to the Empire. 

I mean, fair.  But I think it'll probably be more Broad Strokes than anything else.

On the other hand, what suspect and where my trepidations lie is that we might gets some Really Weird Star Wars that the GA is just not ready for.

Before I go any further, this is a really Crack Theory, even for me.  But I keep thinking about that hallway scene we saw in the trailer.  What if it isn't just an homage to Rogue One/The Rescue?  What if it's tied to some sort of weirdness with The World Between Worlds?  I haven't done a side-by-side compare/contrast yet, but I wonder if this isn't just a homage to that scene, but a one-for-one reshot of it.  Or near enough as to be more than just a callback.

What if that was the iconic scene from Rogue One ***after*** someone has mucked with the World Between Worlds?!?

I don't even think it's so much that Filoni doesn't have the guts to do that as I think he respects his fellow storytellers too much to come close to going down that road.  On the other hand, what if part of Ahsoka is a cautionary tale of What Happens When One Does Muck With The Timestream?

That definitely would be Different From Heir To Empire, that's for sure.  It also has the potential to rip apart fandom like little else.  Which is why I probably put the odds of this at much less than one percent.  Maybe 500:1 odds against?  1000:1 odds against.  But it ain't zero.

So it's not even trepidation as wondering not only why re-do that hallway scene for a third time, but why put it in the trailer?  Filoni usually has thematic reasons for what he does, after all.  Hell, even Luke's hallway scene at the end of S2 of Mando was fairly intentional thematically.  So why is it here and why is it in the trailer?

That I don't know.  And it really is the only thing I am, I won't even say "worried", as that's far too strong a word, but more... thinking about.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I mean, fair.  But I think it'll probably be more Broad Strokes than anything else.

On the other hand, what suspect and where my trepidations lie is that we might gets some Really Weird Star Wars that the GA is just not ready for.

Before I go any further, this is a really Crack Theory, even for me.  But I keep thinking about that hallway scene we saw in the trailer.  What if it isn't just an homage to Rogue One/The Rescue?  What if it's tied to some sort of weirdness with The World Between Worlds?  I haven't done a side-by-side compare/contrast yet, but I wonder if this isn't just a homage to that scene, but a one-for-one reshot of it.  Or near enough as to be more than just a callback.

What if that was the iconic scene from Rogue One ***after*** someone has mucked with the World Between Worlds?!?

I don't even think it's so much that Filoni doesn't have the guts to do that as I think he respects his fellow storytellers too much to come close to going down that road.  On the other hand, what if part of Ahsoka is a cautionary tale of What Happens When One Does Muck With The Timestream?

That definitely would be Different From Heir To Empire, that's for sure.  It also has the potential to rip apart fandom like little else.  Which is why I probably put the odds of this at much less than one percent.  Maybe 500:1 odds against?  1000:1 odds against.  But it ain't zero.

So it's not even trepidation as wondering not only why re-do that hallway scene for a third time, but why put it in the trailer?  Filoni usually has thematic reasons for what he does, after all.  Hell, even Luke's hallway scene at the end of S2 of Mando was fairly intentional thematically.  So why is it here and why is it in the trailer?

That I don't know.  And it really is the only thing I am, I won't even say "worried", as that's far too strong a word, but more... thinking about.

Much more likely to be a Force vision of some sort, which happened fairly regularly in Rebels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Menor Reborn said:

Much more likely to be a Force vision of some sort, which happened fairly regularly in Rebels.

I was thinking Mortis-style shenanigans as a (slightly) more GA-friendly type possibility than full on TWBW, but that works as well.

Regardless, do think this is going to be a bit more on the weird/mystical side than we've seen in the other live action series so far.  How well Filoni executes that, remains to be seen.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

Honestly I like that, but that tickles my fancy in general.

Just if I see clones of Kanan, Ezra, or Ahsoka, I may just quit.

UEeOENf.png

Huh.  Ahsoka showing up here long before I expected it to.  

Yes, the double whammy of an exceptionally buzzy trailer + Week of Mando Season Finale explains the placement (these charts are updated once a week on Mondays, from what I've seen).  On the other hand, for this to break into the Top Five about three and a half months before release?  Even if it is a certainty that it will drop back down to earth in the coming weeks?

As I said:  Huh.

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

UEeOENf.png

Huh.  Ahsoka showing up here long before I expected it to.  

Yes, the double whammy of an exceptionally buzzy trailer + Week of Mando Season Finale explains the placement (these charts are updated once a week on Mondays, from what I've seen).  On the other hand, for this to break into the Top Five about three and a half months before release?  Even if it is a certainty that it will drop back down to earth in the coming weeks?

As I said:  Huh.

Trailer kinda felt like it had more buzz than any of the SW trailers since Kenobi. I feel like this show in particular though is something that could very easily overindex with an online fanbase so who knows how it translates to viewership.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Trailer kinda felt like it had more buzz than any of the SW trailers since Kenobi. I feel like this show in particular though is something that could very easily overindex with an online fanbase so who knows how it translates to viewership.

Yeah, that's the thing isn't it?  Like my brain keeps telling me that if it even hits Boba Fett numbers that's a massive win as it is a spinoff to a spinoff and doesn't have a main character with multiple decades of built-in appreciation. 

But.  But I keep seeing things that make me go "Huh".

Don't really have anything more than that.  Just a lot of... "Huh."

(also, if I'm honest, I don't want to have expectations too high)

• Like 1