YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

Definitely looks more interesting and exciting than when it was first announced, but I do think it'll be hard to sell this to people. I think a lot of people would expect something more similar to Toy Story from this and won't really accept the whole "about the guy behind the toy" schtick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“The movie doesn't end and then you see Andy eating popcorn," the filmmaker clarifies. "This is its own thing… This is standalone. It's the Buzz Lightyear movie. It's that character but as the space ranger, not as the toy."

family-guy-peter-griffin.gif

10 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:I think a lot of people would expect something more similar to Toy Story from this and won't really accept the whole "about the guy behind the toy" schtick.

Definitely disagree on this front. An space/action Pixar movie with a tangential relation to Toy Story is going to do bonkers numbers. It’ll be bigger than TS3.

• Thanks 1

Just now, VenomXXR said:

Definitely disagree on this front. An space/action Pixar movie with a tangential relation to Toy Story is going to do bonkers numbers. It’ll be bigger than TS3.

Well, I certainly think it'll be bigger than Minions 2.

Anyways Lightyear looks much better than I expected albeit it’s just a teaser but it’s nice to see Pixar to another stab at sci-fi and more action animation returning to the mainstream. Also the kid in me, does seem to get some Buzz Lightyear TV show flashbacks.

I still think the concept of the movie as in “It’s the character as a space ranger, not as a toy” will never not be hilarious to me.

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

This looks GREAT. I miss the awesome action animation that we got from Dreamworks with Panda/HTTYD. This is not exactly the same thing but looks like Pixar's Star Wars as Charlie said. Love it. 

With this and Spider Verse 2, action animation lovers will be eating good next year.

• Like 2