A Marvel Fanboy

Weekend estimates (3.30~4.1) THG 61 mill

I'll never root for the success of a 3D re-release. Hollywood keeps topping themselves as far as how unoriginal they can get.

Yea, but in my opinion, this is one release that we want to see. It's going to be released in many 2D theaters as well, and if you're like me, I don't care that it's in 3D, I just want to see it on the big screen again. I'd pay $25.00 to see this one more time on the big screen, it's an experience like no other film.

I'll never root for the success of a 3D re-release. Hollywood keeps topping themselves as far as how unoriginal they can get.

Hollywood used to release their movies in the past too. Gone with the wind and the original star wars movies for example.I think it's a good thing that beloved movies gettin released. Because sometimes their just a lot better than most of the brand new releases. I rather spend money on titanic again than WOTT or mirror mirror.

I wish they'd re-release older movies more often.BTW, shouldn't we resurrect the "Avatanic" nickname? Except this time, it's the other way around. :lol:

Titavatar? :D

I wish they'd re-release older movies more often.

I agree. I'm so happy that jurasic parc is getting released. Because I never saw it in theaters because my mother thought I was too young. Edited by Sheba

Yeah, I've seen several classic movies in theaters -- Lawrence of Arabia, Great Escape, Seven Samurai, Stalker, a few others -- and it's a really different experience from watching them on DVD. Plus it's great to revisit movies from your childhood on the big screen.

I wish they'd re-release older movies more often.

The last couple of years the big chain here has "The great digital film fest" for a week, 2 screens showing 4 different movies each per night (some of the bigger movies get a 2nd showing later in the week). I actually saw The Big Lebowski on the big screen for the first time during this years fest, awesome experience.

Oh god, T2..... I'm so there. In remastered IMAX....

MAKE IT HAPPEN, CAMERON!

That's one of the reasons why a T2 rerelease would be great. Basically all T2 blu-rays now in the market suck because of the poor image quality. A rerelease means Cameron will do a brand new master, probably 4K like he did on Titanic rerelease, and the image will look glorious.

Well, it was shot Super-35, so it's not like it's going to be the most pristine image ever. But still, it would look great.

Titanic was shot on 35mm too, but from the rerelease trailer the image quality is absolutly gorgeous. So I suppose it could be the same for T2.