Eric Atreides

The Book of Boba Fett | December 29, 2021 | Temuera Morrison and Ming-Na Wen star

15 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I heard reports that Mara Jade from the expanded Universe or now Legends might be introduced in this series. She is one of my favorite EU characters and I hope it is true. what do you guys think? 

Personally I'm doubtful, though who knows.  Or rather, it wouldn't surprise me if some form of Mara Jade shows up eventually, as it's simply too good of a concept to ignore (a Force Sensitive assassin/hitman for the Emperor who becomes morally conflicted and eventually switches sides).  

But there's also a ton expectations around the character, including ties with Luke, so I'd suspect there's both the "waiting for the right story" as well as "making sure the character is done right".

On the other hand, I never really expected Thrawn to show up (and before ANH to boot), so who knows.

One day?  Probably.  Book of Boba Fett?  Wouldn't get your hopes up.

16 minutes ago, Kalo said:

And why are they changing the name of Slave I??? to such a stupid name too. 

If they are changing it, almost certainly because while having an antagonist/straight out villain have a ship named "Slave One" is fine, having one that is more of an anti-hero/protagonist or straight up hero having a ship named "Slave One" and marketed for kids to play with in their back yard is... Well, may be silly to be worried about such things, but also hardly something to really care about at the end of the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Personally I'm doubtful, though who knows.  Or rather, it wouldn't surprise me if some form of Mara Jade shows up eventually, as it's simply too good of a concept to ignore (a Force Sensitive assassin/hitman for the Emperor who becomes morally conflicted and eventually switches sides).  

But there's also a ton expectations around the character, including ties with Luke, so I'd suspect there's both the "waiting for the right story" as well as "making sure the character is done right".

On the other hand, I never really expected Thrawn to show up (and before ANH to boot), so who knows.

One day?  Probably.  Book of Boba Fett?  Wouldn't get your hopes up.

If they are changing it, almost certainly because while having an antagonist/straight out villain have a ship named "Slave One" is fine, having one that is more of an anti-hero/protagonist or straight up hero having a ship named "Slave One" and marketed for kids to play with in their back yard is... Well, may be silly to be worried about such things, but also hardly something to really care about at the end of the day.

Yeah I was doubtful too, but they have been slowly bringing alot of EU stuff in some form or another for a couple years now. I do think she will show up eventually, think it has too much potential to pass up. I just hope they don't screw her up when they do. 

Sounds like as of now if they Make KOTOR with their currant plans it's going to be awful. So I wouldn't want it to be something like that. 

1 hour ago, Menor said:

Thing is wouldn't her arc would be very different because of the way Luke's story went? It would be more of a "same concept and name" sort of thing. 

I very much agree which is why I said "some form" of Mara Jade eventually shows up.  On the one hand, as I also said, the concept is simply too good to ignore for too long.  On the other hand, I highly doubt the beats will play particularly the same.

Could see some sort of fling/romance with Luke (the "sequel gap" has been preeeeety circumspect about much of Luke's life in that time period as far as I know, except for a look at the immediate run-up and fallout of Ben Solo's fall) but it not going the same route, no.

That being said, once Thrawn showed up, the door was opened for Mara Jade to walk through, as she's an even more iconic Legends character than Thrawn. In fact, I'd say she's probably the most iconic Legends character. 

Given what appears to be going on in The Bad Batch (cloning shenanigans over at Mount Tantiss), slowly putting in the pieces of Heir to Empire together (albeit done very differently, maybe even before ANH) probs isn't off the table.

To put all of this waffle another way:  Given enough time, I expect some character who is called Mara Jade to show up and one that has her general backstory and forward arc.  Just without the bonking long term relationship with one Luke Skywalker (her arc isn't that dependent on her getting together with Luke, IMO).

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

So various leakers sure do seem to be hinting that we MIGHT see a trailer for BoBF tomorrow, presumably MNF.

Jordan Maison has been cryptically tweeting stuff this weekend, and then BSL just came out and said this:

Depending on just how stuffed with announcements Disney+ Day is, I could see this happening if they want a Boba trailer to have a bit of a limelight to itself.  Leakers sure seem like it's a possibility.

(FWIW, Jordan Maison's track record on trailer scoops is pretty stellar) 

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

Trailer is meh. It looks like it’s 90% the first episode with some very non revealing fights that could be in other episodes. Typical Lucasfilm seemingly keeping it non-revealing. But it’s not like I’m not gonna watch it

I wouldn't be surprised if it was 95 or 99 percent.  Anyway felt a little more like a teaser than a trailer, but it did its job.  While I won't call it "meh", it did lack a certain je ne sais quoi, that would have made it a "wow" trailer.  Either way, just glad that we're getting something here a bit sooner than I expected.

Also... intrigued by the rumor of nine episodes.  Even with doubling up, all but confirms to me that there ain't gonna be anything between Boba and Kenobi unless Andor is split (or unless they start dropping Bad Batch).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

Trailer is meh. It looks like it’s 90% the first episode with some very non revealing fights that could be in other episodes. Typical Lucasfilm seemingly keeping it non-revealing. But it’s not like I’m not gonna watch it

That's basically my opinion as well, there wasn't anything that really wowed me. The lines that hint at the storyline don't do much for me. Not that the show was among those I cared most about in the first place.

All that obviously won't stop me from seeing it as soon as every episode is available ;)

Edited by George Parr
  • Like 3

Not much shown, but honestly, more intriguing than I expected (the post-credit setup in Mando S2 looked pretty uninspiring to me). If they lean into the political aspects here, it could be really good (I have been missing the political aspect of Star Wars since TCW ended) though I don't know if that's actually going to happen or if they just were hiding a more action-packed series.