The Wild Eric

Nope | Jordan Peele | Keke Palmer, Daniel Kaluuya, Steven Yeun star | July 22, 2022

16 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Universal marketing push on movie has been lackluster lately. Unless Universal know something that we don't, such as the movie is actually bad, they are doing disservice to Peele. 

Eh, the marketing push has been fine, I've seen plenty of ads over the past week or so now that Universal no longer has to worry about Jurassic World/The Black Phone/Minions which all came out over a 4-week span. 

21 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Eh, the marketing push has been fine, I've seen plenty of ads over the past week or so now that Universal no longer has to worry about Jurassic World/The Black Phone/Minions which all came out over a 4-week span. 

But I heard the movie is only lifting its embargo 24 hours before the Thursday preview. That can only suggest two things, either the movie is bad, or this is Cats 2.0 production issue where VFX team is unable to finish its until very very moment before its first public screening. 

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

But I heard the movie is only lifting its embargo 24 hours before the Thursday preview. That can only suggest two things, either the movie is bad, or this is Cats 2.0 production issue where VFX team is unable to finish its until very very moment before its first public screening. 

There is no embargo. The movie when screen for the first time to critics two days before it opens. As soon as critics see it they can review it. 

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

There's no embargo to lift. The movie will have it's premiere the same day reviews will be out.

It's the premiere that it's very late, nobody knows why but considering the rumours about delay and the main complain on test screenings was unfinished VFX on the whole climax, seems like the best bet.

5 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

There's no embargo to lift. The movie will have it's premiere the same day reviews will be out.

It's the premiere that it's very late, nobody knows why but considering the rumours about delay and the main complain on test screenings was unfinished VFX on the whole climax, seems like the best bet.

But it looks like screenings for press have started already... so there is an embargo. 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

28 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

But it looks like screenings for press have started already... so there is an embargo. 

Yeah started today at night, they probably just changed it, it was supposed to be on July 19. 

Now even the reactions will be out on July 18 actually, and reviews early July 20. They're also asking press and critics to be very careful about spoilers.

But still, when it's bad they just hide it, JW for example didn't even have reactions before reviews just hours before the previews despite the movie released for several days overseas.

I have no idea how the reception will be for this movie, but there's nothing really suspicious about this rollout. It's looking like NTTD and Candyman actually.

Edited by ThomasNicole
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I really wonder if the fact that they're implying there's a lot to spoil is going to backfire when audiences see it and it's... not that big a deal. 

Well if it's a good movie, spoilers aren't that big of a deal, much as I don't like spoilers.

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

If it weren't for this forum I wouldn't know this film exists.

Have you not seen any films this summer? Trailer for Nope has played before every movie I saw this summer except Minions and, maybe, Lightyear. I know a lot of people don't have cable, but I've seen TV spots there a lot as well.

• Like 1