Way too low. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 2

Spoiler

Another Round

Have I watched it? NO

What do I think the plot is then? The second movie on this list where I know nothing about it apart from the title. I am going to guess its about alcoholism and friendship. An alcoholic guy who hangs around at a bar and tells everyone his life story while they keep buying him more rounds. At the end, it is revealed in Usual Suspects style that he was making the entire thing up based on things around him in the bar.

another-round-mads-mikkelsen.jpg?w=1000

Actual Plot: Four friends, all high school teachers, test a theory that they will improve their lives by maintaining a constant level of alcohol in their blood.

Got the alcohol part right, and this movie does sound interesting. Also, Mads is always good.

Tomatometer: 92% with 161 reviews

Rankings: 8 lists, 2 number 1 rankings, 6 top 5 rankings. The movie pretty much powered its way here on the back of really focused and strong support.

BOT User Reviews:

None, but @Rorschach was a big fan

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Way too high. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 4

Last one for the day

Spoiler

Da 5 Bloods

Have I watched it? YESNO. It was over 150 minutes and moved slowly, stopped it thinking I would get back to it but never did.

d5bmp.jpeg?w=451&h=668

Actual Plot: Four African-American vets battle the forces of man and nature when they return to Vietnam seeking the remains of their fallen squad leader and the gold fortune he helped them hide.

Spike Lee's follow-up movie to BlackKklansman got great reviews but might have fallen prey to people not watching movies with a more serious tone or bent during the early pandemic days. Covid-19 was a cloud which hung over every movie this past year for the most part. From what I hear, Delroy Lindo and Chadwick Boseman are both great in it.

Tomatometer: 92% with 291 reviews

Rankings: This is the polar opposite of Another Round, appeared on a lot of lists - 39 to be exact, but it did not top any list and was in the top 5 in only 2 lists. Wide support but not strong support at all.

BOT User Reviews:

Loved just about everything here. Such a tremendous blend of genres with a lot of Lee's no-nonsense attitude.

Don't think I ever saw anything Delroy Lindo was in before (I know), but he rocked it with every moment. His big hug and reconciliation with Norman especially hit me like a truck. @Eric Gardner

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Last one for the day

Reveal hidden contents

Way too low?

• Thanks 2