Jump to content
cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Angel Manuel Soto to direct. Going theatrical. | GEORGE LOPEZ IS HERE

Recommended Posts

“Charm City Kings” director Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct “Blue Beetle,” DC Films and Warner Bros.’ first superhero movie starring a Latino character, individuals with knowledge of the project exclusively tells TheWrap.

The screenplay is from Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal’s “Scarface” remake and Sony’s “Miss Bala.”

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, cax16 said:

“Charm City Kings” director Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct “Blue Beetle,” DC Films and Warner Bros.’ first superhero movie starring a Latino character, individuals with knowledge of the project exclusively tells TheWrap.

The screenplay is from Mexican-born writer Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who wrote Universal’s “Scarface” remake and Sony’s “Miss Bala.”

Been 10 years since the test footage for a TV show leaked online

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Is this another "risky" project destine for MAX ala Static and Batgirl?

It was never mentioned by Hamada that Static and Batgirl were on Max. It was mentioned by the NYTimes guy thinking those might be risky. That quote by the columnist has been taken to be from Hamada for some reason.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

It was never mentioned by Hamada that Static and Batgirl were on Max. It was mentioned by the NYTimes guy thinking those might be risky. That quote by the columnist has been taken to be from Hamada for some reason.

He still had to run it by Hamada to run with the story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DlAMONDZ said:

He still had to run it by Hamada to run with the story

No he didn't. The quotes have to be run by Hamada but not the entire story. And that wasn't a quote by Hamada. You are looking for things to be outraged by at this point.

 

Being angry at DC is easy, but we don't need to invent things for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/23/2021 at 3:38 PM, grim22 said:

It was never mentioned by Hamada that Static and Batgirl were on Max. It was mentioned by the NYTimes guy thinking those might be risky. That quote by the columnist has been taken to be from Hamada for some reason.

Static Shock was mentioned as being aligned with HBO/HBOMax by one of the comic writers who's involved with the Milestone resurgence in a virtual panel last summer, I think... DC Fandome?  

Edited by Macleod
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Static Shock was mentioned as being aligned with HBO/HBOMax by one of the comic writers who's involved with the Milestone resurgence in a virtual panel last summer, I think... DC Fandome?  

I watched DC Fandome, and nowhere in that entire panel was it mentioned as being aligned to HBO or HBOMax.  Milestone will be producing content for HBO Max as well which was mentioned on the panel. The Static Shock movie was separate to that specific announcement.

 

Here's the announcement when MBJ came on board as producer, no mention of HBO or Max in the entire thing, they are creating digital comics and animated shows which might go onto HBO Max:  https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/michael-b-jordan-outlier-society-to-produce-dc-movie-static-shock-exclusive 

 

The quotes from Fandome

 

Quote

“One of the things we’re really excited about, we really want to live up to the name of the company, Milestone Media,” said Hudlin. “When we spoke to Jim [Lee] about reviving the Milestone line, we said ‘Look, we all know this has been a hit comic book and hit animated series. It’s time to expand back into all those areas and then some.’ So we’re in serious conversations about, as we’re launching the comic book series, developing the ‘Static Shock’ movie. That will be a theatrical feature film.”

 

 

Hudlin also added that other characters in the Milestone Media comic family may get projects in different forms.

“What we’re talking about is unbelievable,” Hudlin said. “We’re also talking to all the other divisions of Warner, for example, the animation department. They make those amazing animated feature films for home entertainment. And we’re talking about doing one of those feature films involving the Milestone characters. We’re also looking at new media, like podcasts, and doing a serious of stories that will be available on podcasts. We will deliver Milestone Media wherever you are, on whatever platform you want.”

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.