cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

How is August 2023 looking like in terms of releases? I feel like this should be moved up to either August 4 or August 11 just to utilize a couple of weeks' additional holidays. And I can see this coexisting with Barbie (which will be in its 3rd week in August anyway), so that shouldn't be a major issue.

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

How is August 2023 looking like in terms of releases? I feel like this should be moved up to either August 4 or August 11 just to utilize a couple of weeks' additional holidays. And I can see this coexisting with Barbie (which will be in its 3rd week in August anyway), so that shouldn't be a major issue.

Pretty... weak. 

Looks like this for now:

AUGUST 2023

August 4 (Friday)

- Meg 2: The Trench
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Chapter

August 18 (Friday)

- Blue Beetle

There's a untitled Disney Live-action in August 18th. Could be just a placeholder but rumor is that Disney will announce in D23 as a surprise that the Lion King prequel will land there. Just a rumor. But from a pretty reliable source tho. (DisInsider) 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:56 AM, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Pretty... weak. 

Looks like this for now:

AUGUST 2023

August 4 (Friday)

August 18 (Friday)

- Blue Beetle

There's a untitled Disney Live-action in August 18th. Could be just a placeholder but rumor is that Disney will announce in D23 as a surprise that the Lion King prequel will land there. Just a rumor. But from a pretty reliable source tho. (DisInsider) 

That would be classic Disney, putting a big film on the same day as a WB film that has a good release date already. 

On 5/26/2022 at 2:56 AM, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Pretty... weak. 

Looks like this for now:

AUGUST 2023

August 4 (Friday)

August 18 (Friday)

- Blue Beetle

There's zero chance Disney releases Lion King prequel in mid August. That will be mid July or Christmas.

18 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

Wasn't this designed to go to HBO Max? 

No, it was supposed to be theatrical, and then mid pre-production pushed to HBO Max but was soon after reinstated as a theatrical release.

I kinda doubt this will look like a theatrical experience movie unless they boost the budget. 

The costume alone looks better than 95% of theatrical superhero costumes.

On 5/26/2022 at 8:21 PM, Jonwo said:

I wonder if November might be better for Blue Beetle? There's currently no superhero films in that month.

I honestly think Blue Beetle is gonna get bumped to 2024: Zaslav reportedly wants low budgets for HBO Max originals, so I think they may want to move Batgirl into a theatrical release instead (since it's already getting a huge delay because its tied to The Flash).

12 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I honestly think Blue Beetle is gonna get bumped to 2024: Zaslav reportedly wants low budgets for HBO Max originals, so I think they may want to move Batgirl into a theatrical release instead (since it's already getting a huge delay because its tied to The Flash).

I can see one of those two going to Christmas 2023 next to Wonka as there’s not a big tentpole that there’s (Let’s be real, the Waititi SW film isn’t happening 2023, as they have needed to start filming by now). 

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

I can see one of those two going to Christmas 2023 next to Wonka as there’s not a big tentpole that there’s (Let’s be real, the Waititi SW film isn’t happening 2023, as they have needed to start filming by now). 

Not sure if WB will want three films in December as they also have The Color Purple out that month as well.