cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

21 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I honestly think Blue Beetle is gonna get bumped to 2024: Zaslav reportedly wants low budgets for HBO Max originals, so I think they may want to move Batgirl into a theatrical release instead (since it's already getting a huge delay because its tied to The Flash).

I can see Batgirl taking Blue Beetle’s spot due to it tying into The Flash and Blue Beetle moving to November or something since Dune 2 already has October and WB has Wonka/The Color Purple in December already 

• Like 1

I’m hoping this movie strikes Lightning in a bottle and becomes a big hit! I’m expecting around Shazam to Ant-Man levels of box office (ie 360M to 660M) but would love an over performance like Wonder Woman to Aquaman levels of box office (800M to 1.2B)… fingers crossed! 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 7:20 AM, belblazer said:

FX397wgXEAMFf7J?format=jpg&name=large

Still can’t figure out if Bruna’s character is from the comics or not… either way I’m looking forward to this film! Really wish it included some Jaime villains (Reach, La Dama, Black Beetle) but hey hopefully in a sequel! 

Yeah, I think this is getting canned. As I said in other threads, I think they are canceling everything after The Flash, and use The Flash to fully reboot the DCEU. 

Start over with Batman and Superman. Aquaman. Wonder Woman. Flash. The heavy hitters. 

Going big-scale, full-on theatrical (with 60-90 day window, might I add) makes sense for Batman, Superman, WW, Aquaman, Green Lantern (btw, that show is definitely getting scrapped right?). And in that respect, I think too much Bat-family content will dilute that brand, so I can understand the reasoning behind Batgirl in a way. But scrapping ALL mid-level productions is stupid. There's nothing wrong with the occasional 80-100 million smaller scale movie (and I don't mean "gritty" dramas like Joker - actual action/adventure movies). Jesus, that's the first Shazam, which is one of DC's best movies in recent years.

WB is so fucked. I love the DC characters and I so want more from them, besides Batman. And at the same time I want Universal, Paramount and WB to have massive hits, along with Disney, to maintain a good balance in Hollywood. But it's impossible to root for WB right now. 

5 hours ago, p a p i said:

Yeah, I think this is getting canned. As I said in other threads, I think they are canceling everything after The Flash, and use The Flash to fully reboot the DCEU. 

Start over with Batman and Superman. Aquaman. Wonder Woman. Flash. The heavy hitters. 

Blue Beatle was envisioned for and has large budget for theatrical.