cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

7 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

They're really just leaving this to die huh.

What was the point of cancelling Batgirl again?

They didn’t want to have a potentially very lucrative franchise hampered by a sub-par made-for-streaming-movie anchored by ideas and characters the new regime had no interest in exploring. Also if these people were getting feedback stating The Flash was phenomenal then I can’t imagine how poor Batgirl could’ve been with its apparently middling test results.

Also it really does feel like they left Beetle to die. I don’t understand the economics that would’ve prevented WB from delaying this until after Superman.

Edited by AJG

17 minutes ago, AJG said:

They didn’t want to have a potentially very lucrative franchise hampered by a sub-par made-for-streaming-movie anchored by ideas and characters the new regime had no interest in exploring. Also if these people were getting feedback stating The Flash was phenomenal then I can’t imagine how poor Batgirl could’ve been with its apparently middling test results.

Yeah but the things that were wrong with the Flash wasn't Keaton 

24 minutes ago, The GOAT said:

Seems like the James Gunn Superman movie will be flopping as well

At this point they should be hoping and praying for that to be the second coming of Batman Begins. Big underperformance in theaters, then becoming a massive phenomenon in home media/streaming. $500M is the best case scenario for it in my eyes.

• ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Run Away Nuclear Bomb GIF by Identity

Oh poor unfortunate James... You have absolutely no clue what kind of sinking ship you just anchored yourself into, do you?

One could argue every business decision made by the Gunn and Safran regime have been a disaster so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dominic Draper said:

One could argue every business decision made by the Gunn and Safran regime have been a disaster so far.

There is the caveat that they've mostly had to deal with the lumps of coal Hamada and company left behind so far. The only bad decision I'll entirely blame them for is hiring Andy Muschietti for their Batman reboot despite his Flash movie not being all that. He'll probably be gone by the end of the year though.

13 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

I truly do wonder how audiences are going to react to 2 separate Batman film series running concurrently. 

Not multiverse Batmen. Not Batfleck cameos. Actual two different actors portraying two different Batmen in two different film series. 

25 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

You've quickly rocketed up the rankings of "most wrong BOT poster". Congrats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

28 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

We won’t see anything that significantly involves their decisions until 2025 at the earliest…

• Like 5