Eric Atreides

Bros | September 30, 2022 | Universal

By the time this opens it'll be the first major comedy released since The Unbearable Weight (man has this summer felt the studio abandoning everything that isn't a tentpole) and will presumably also have TIFF buzz leading up to its release so as long as the reviews are good, I think Good Boys numbers are very much in the cards.

I hope this gets good reviews and does well but Eichner's quote from that interview that's making the rounds where he basically says "my movie was too good for streaming" is pretty damn yikes (not to mention a major slight to all the LGBTQ projects that helped this movie become a reality). How about waiting until you've actually released your work to the world before labeling yourself an important figure and putting yourself in the position of becoming a new addition to the "Aged Like Milk" meme, dude.

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

I hope this gets good reviews and does well but Eichner's quote from that interview that's making the rounds where he basically says "my movie was too good for streaming" is pretty damn yikes (not to mention a major slight to all the LGBTQ projects that helped this movie become a reality). How about waiting until you've actually released your work to the world before labeling yourself an important figure and putting yourself in the position of becoming a new addition to the "Aged Like Milk" meme, dude.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric the Shark said:

Fire Island isn’t a great example because it was a straight to streaming film. 

Billy might be annoying people. But Bros is the first of its kind, a major studio wide release cinema only film made by gay people and starring gay people. 

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Fire Island isn’t a great example because it was a straight to streaming film. 

Billy might be annoying people. But Bros is the first of its kind, a major studio wide release cinema only film made by gay people and starring gay people. 

And that's a good thing! But hopefully his people will tell him to tone it down going forward because if he spends the whole press tour pushing this "I'm The Chosen One" narrative that jumps out in that interview it's going to be an exhausting ride that ensures a lot of people will root for this to fail.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1