Eric Atreides

Bros | September 30, 2022 | Universal

On 10/19/2022 at 3:55 PM, Krissykins said:

I did notice when I was looking for interviews on YouTube there are a lot of videos saying “Bros FLOP” and “Bros BOMBED”, “WOKE movie FLOPS” with cartoons of Billy with fake tears? And they have 50-200k views? 

AltRight YouTube are talking about it more than everyone else. There’s certainly a bit of homophobia at play. 

Yes of course it did, but it's target audience should have been LGBT. and I feel a lot of it's core base did not show up for it. and I just don't see this having a massive audience out side of that, some people sure, but even a lot of people who say that are "Pro gay" will not set down and watch a two hour movie about gay men. some  will mostly, younger woman and men, but not a ton.

But there is approx 20m people who identify as LGBTQ+ in the US. that alone should have been enough to keep this movie from flopping.  if 100% of them saw this movie it should have made $200m. obviously not all off them will as it's about two gay men specifically. and that's it's core audience imo.  let's say 25% of the LGBTQ+ saw it mostly. gay men. it still should have made $50m. lets say 20% of the audiences is straight, cause this is more mainstream in it's marketing and a comedy so I think it could probably get that. so will put it at $62m. right around what i thought it would make. but it 's already almost out of theaters and it's gonna close around $12m. which means saying around 20% of that audiences is straight. that only about 5/6% of people (in the US) who Identify as LGBTQ+ saw it, and a tiny fraction of straights. so it failed on both fronts.  which is sad, cause I really really liked it. but like I said I think the marketing was off.