Eric Duncan

GODZILLA VS KONG WEEKEND THREAD | Read the rules before posting | 32.2M 3-Day/48.5M 5-Day | The monkey saved the theaters!

What do you mean 10M OD? Are people in America aware this is available on HBO MAX and torrents? I have tons of friends and people on my facebook feed here in Portugal who saw it last night.

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 3

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What do you mean 10M OD? Are people in America aware this is available on HBO MAX and torrents? I have tons of friends and people on my facebook feed here in Portugal who saw it last night.

Bad CJ, Bad. You need a spanking. 

• Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

If 10M OD is confirmed what are we looking at? 10M-6M-10M-10M-6M? That would be 41M. Less than King of the Monsters. FLOP.

Thats one of the better April Fools Jokes ive seen today.

• Like 1

Optimistically 9.6-6.5-14-15-10.5 for 55.6. Pessimistically 9.6-6-10-10-7 for 42.6. Hoping for the higher end but either way a much better number than what we've been seeing recently and definitely far higher than the trades' ridiculous 20-30 million prediction. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Warner Bros. with the top 4 opening weekends of the pandemic (Godzilla Vs Kong, Wonder Woman 1984, Tom & Jerry and Tenet).

Aside from Tom & Jerry (also WB), all 2021 opening weekends were lower than GVK’s opening single day Wednesday (while it’s also available at home for no extra cost to subscribers).

Don’t think they could have hoped for more in pandemic times. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Great OD. 

Monsterverse rankings:

GvK

Skull Island

KOTM

30 feet of crap

Godzilla 2014

WB missed their first big Blockbuster in India. Its Blockbuster in Tamil Nadu and Super Hit in APTS though.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

imagine what it might have opened with if they hadn't put it on TV!  Such a mistake imo.   You've got the first huge movie that just screams 'big screen' of 2021, and they make it available to watch on tv opening day.  Yeah they might get more subs to HBO Max in the short term, but plenty of other movies can do that for them this year.  This one should have been exclusive to cinemas for at least a period of time.  Oh well.

• Like 3