Eric Duncan

GODZILLA VS KONG WEEKEND THREAD | Read the rules before posting | 32.2M 3-Day/48.5M 5-Day | The monkey saved the theaters!

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

As I said on the other page, the audience going to theaters rn (which is growing every day as vaccinations rise) isn't the HBO Max audience.

I have seen it two times at the theater.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

WB apparently report their first daily gross for 01 Apr. 

YD Release Daily %± YD %± LW Theaters Avg To Date Days Distributor
1 - Tom and Jerry $357,142 - - 2,464 $144 $37,100,000 35 Warner Bros.
2 - Wonder Woman 1984 $35,000 - - 1,128 $31 $45,857,000 98 Warner Bros.
3 - The Little Things $20,000 - - 1,001 $19 $14,912,000 63 Warner Bros.
4 - Judas and the Black Messiah $15,000 - - 842 $17 $5,195,000 49 Warner Bros.

Also, why didn't BOM reflect Tom and jerry last weekend actual number? it was 200k+ higher than estimate

Why isn't GvK included? Isn't that a WB film?

Edited by poweranimals

16 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

This "Best of both worlds" scenario you are saying... is 2019 and before.

You are saying this because box office numbers are more transparent and you feel.. tangible. We are all of course cheering for big box office numbers, but you must also look at it from a studio's PoV. A hybrid release also captures revenues in parts of the country / world where cinemas are still shut and add to their subscription base - which to a certain extend is recurring revenue if these subscribers stay.

Studios are focusing on streaming and eg: D+ premium access - see 100% revenues thru their streaming platform. Just because we are in a box office forum, doesn't mean our mindset should not be shifted.

My comment stands, i don't think any big titles that has already been announced for Hybrid release will suddenly eat their words and only release theatrically - why go offend your subscribers?

I think Dune and Matrix 4 are possibilities due to franchising going forward and because we might be out of the woods by then, also we still haven't heard how or if they've resolved the conflict over Dune with Denis and Legendary. And this won't happen, but I think it'd be a good idea if they did it for Conjuring 3 and Suicide Squad as well. 

5 hours ago, CJohn said:

Lmao at saying a 80-90M grosser is a big grosser :hahaha:This shit cost like 200M, it is a bombastic FLOP.

“Flop” doesn’t mean the same as it did 18 months ago. 

We’re talking about pandemic and hybrid releases. So you’ll never know how much it really did or didn’t make. 

This opening is the best of the whole pandemic, easily. It’s a win and a sign of improvement. 

• Like 8

I finally had time to get back to theatres after reinstating my AList sub about a month ago. Watched Chaos Landing which was better than I thought. Low expectations = mildly entertaining .  Anywho, I reserved my GVK ticket a month ago and got a fellow movie watcher to attend as well. She loved it and she's not a monster film fan. Idk if she ever watched KSI though I remember hyping that back in the day. I also loved it. Caught in Dolby at my local AMC. Really hope it does Something domestically for god sakes. I'm exhausted by how folks have been downright spooked into even setting foot in a theatre. Anyway, it was fantastic. Watch it on HBO, go to the movies whatever. 

• Like 2

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">GODZILLA VS. KONG<br>$11.6M Friday Domestic Estimate <br>$27.9M 3-Day Domestic Total <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GodzillaVsKong?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GodzillaVsKong</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoxOffice?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BoxOffice</a></p>&mdash; Boxoffice Pro (@BoxOffice) <a href="https://twitter.com/BoxOffice/status/1378356023061274625?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 3, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1