cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

Dang Marvel must have been really happy with the numbers Falcon and Winter Soldier have been doing to greenlit a movie. I assume as well this is theatrical too. 

I've already made it known how much I really enjoyed the show so this is good news to me though I would have preferred a Season 2. 

@Cap Dreams do come true huh

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

Deadline reported a few months ago that Chris Evans had re-signed to be involved in the MCU again in some capacity. I bet he’s in this (flashback, time travel, Old Man Steve, etc.) 

Either way, Sam showed up in this season finale and I’m stoked Anthony is getting his shine. The only thing that sucks is this certainly kills a season 2 for the show (I would assume).

26 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Dang Marvel must have been really happy with the numbers Falcon and Winter Soldier have been doing to greenlit a movie. I assume as well this is theatrical too. 

Honestly I don’t think it’s reasonable to draw any connection there, this was probably planned well before F&WS debuted. It’s a pretty logical choice with Endgame’s ending, which they knew the broad strokes of in like, 2016, so...

• Like 1

They could easily go F&WS-followup show-Cap 4. Or F&WS-Cap 4-followup show. 

13 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Deadline reported a few months ago that Chris Evans had re-signed to be involved in the MCU again in some capacity. I bet he’s in this (flashback, time travel, Old Man Steve, etc.) 

Either way, Sam showed up in this season finale and I’m stoked Anthony is getting his shine. The only thing that sucks is this certainly kills a season 2 for the show (I would assume).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WandaLegion said:

They could easily go F&WS-followup show-Cap 4. Or F&WS-Cap 4-followup show. 

Sure, but I feel like with Cap 4 coming (but not until 2024 most likely) the room to continue with this storyline is only a year or so, before it’s necessary to move on to the next one. I don’t think Cap 4 will have much to do with these 6 episodes, is my basic point. Yes, I expect the planted seeds will have sprouted but nothing direct from F/WS -> Cap 4.

38 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Sure, but I feel like with Cap 4 coming (but not until 2024 most likely) the room to continue with this storyline is only a year or so, before it’s necessary to move on to the next one. I don’t think Cap 4 will have much to do with these 6 episodes, is my basic point. Yes, I expect the planted seeds will have sprouted but nothing direct from F/WS -> Cap 4.

On the other hand, most of the known films for 2021,2022,2023 don’t seem to present much opportunity to follow up on a lot of what the finale set up — and neither do the 2021 or 2022 shows. It wouldn’t be surprising to see some of this stuff take 2 to 3 years to get any movement on — Mordo will take 6 years to followup on, ditto Ayesha/Adam Warlock stuff.

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Disney has announced that they are going to submit F&TWS in Drama for Emmy's which means Season 2 is mandatory. It looks like this will both have a series and movies. Likely series will deal with less cinematic stuff. 

They are legally obligated to make a season 2.

So there you have it. I think we all figured out that leads from shows will appear in movies in whatever capacity, from headlining (such as Cap Sam) to co-starring (Wanda in DS:MoM, Kamala in CM2 though I'm sure she'll headline movies in not so distant future), to smaller parts. But most likely the endgame is to have everyone on the big screen together eventually. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

What if he's...

Spoiler

...the villain?  [Marvel nerds may know what I'm talking about.]

I haven't seen the show, yet, just speculating for the future.  But again I ask Mods -- since the MCU seems to now be considering the TV/FILM worlds overlapping, and since everything ties together, shouldn't there indeed be a spoiler policy in place at least for a few days for every other related/follow-up project forum, such as this one, even if just for the final episode?  (I.E. the Wandavision/Strange II situation)

Edited by Macleod

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

What if he's...

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

LOOOOOOOOK. LOOOOOK.   

No Joke, I have been screaming about William Burnside for like two months. I would fucking lose my shit.

And for those who don’t know, William Burnside is the name of basically racist/sexist/homophobic/villain Captain America.  The man is ultimately so obsessed with Steve Rogers that he gets plastic surgery to look like him. And then the real Steve he still like beat his ass. It’s so good. But I would like lose my mind if they had a fight Evil Cap with Evans face.  I would be uncontrollably sobbing  😭😭😭😭😭 Why do you have to hurt me like that Kevin.

But more than likely that Evans nonsense was he’s going to cameo as Johnny Storm and one of the multi-verse movies.

And TFATWS SPOILERS:

Spoiler
Spoiler

I would laugh so hard if he’s really on the moon. That is some type of like secret invasion/sword deal. And we’re getting like old man Commander Rogers. 

It be particularly exciting because Bucky and Sam would be so annoyed if they saw him again. Steve just look at them, and go would you have resolved all of your problems if I had just been there? Don’t you feel like better people, because I wasn’t there and you had character growth?

and then Bucky and Sam would reply: You’re still a little shit, and we didn’t miss you at all. And then they all hug. It be good times  

😂😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

@Cap Dreams do come true huh

I am so high on Sam Wilson Getting his just dues and everything that he deserves in life, I can almost not even function right now. I can’t believe Kevin Feige he constantly rewards me with everything that I want and desire.  

Aside from queer Steve Rogers, but we got fan fic for that. 

• Like 3