cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

4 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Worry about what? Seems like the first two projects have been pretty well received 

Not by him 😛    

Overall reception seems like mid-upper quartile for WV and mid-lower quartile for FWS. Pretty avg. Will need to see the next couple shows and films before it really makes sense to talk about the phase a whole imo, since just 2021-2022 is like 20 projects or whatever.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think that [speculation ahead, not actual spoilers but just to be safe posted in tags]:

using Evans in a villainous role would do Sam any favors. He was already upstaged by Zemo and (though not a villain an anti-hero maybe?) Walker on F&TWS and all eyes and all buzz would be with Evil Evans.

It's just the way it is. Not saying they won't go for it (it's a massive hook) just don't tweet "Oy vey ist mir Sam's page couldn't break Top 10 most viewed Marvel bios" and similar laments that were rather rampant during F&TWS run due to Bucky/Zemo/Walker getting more Internet chatter/attention/love. 

My guess is that Bucky is a given in this and maybe Yelena? I guess they will use her in crossovers before giving her a solo movie. 

I think the biggest issue with the show was half of their plot had to be reworked because of likeness to COVID.  Hopefully that shouldn’t be a problem this time around. Moreover, Marvel’s really good at course correcting without letting you know that they're course correcting. This should be great.

39 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

Won’t have the issue of the flagsmashers, but if Walker and Sharon are returning will need to handle that with care ‘cause the show kind of fumbled.

Spoiler

Sharon totally feels like the villain for S2 of the Disney+ Series.  She's not Movie Villain Caliber, and her hijinks probably lead more into Thunderbolts and Armored Wars, which are all Disney+ series.  Who knows if they'll use Walker.  But I would prefer not.  Best line up for this is Sam, Bucky, Joaquin, and 

Spoiler

Yelena

The Falcon & the Winter Soldier had exciting action scenes but really fumbled its attempts at social commentary (which I'm gonna guess was also added during the shutdown given the other kinds of stories that dominated the news during that time). That said, I'm completely here for Anthony Mackie getting his own solo Captain America vehicle. Hopefully that big paycheck also promised theatrical exclusivity lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

The Falcon & the Winter Soldier had exciting action scenes but really fumbled its attempts at social commentary (which I'm gonna guess was also added during the shutdown given the other kinds of stories that dominated the news during that time). That said, I'm completely here for Anthony Mackie getting his own solo Captain America vehicle. Hopefully that big paycheck also promised theatrical exclusivity lol.

I mean people loved wanda vision despite almost every episode being horrible. I can't wait. Can't wait for scarlet witch movie either.

• Knock It Off 3

1 hour ago, cdsacken said:

The last episode was amazing. The first few dear God I was so bored. I only washed because I absolutely love the cast.

Really?  It was that dirty of a show??  I've got to check this thing out!! 

• Astonished 1

Falcon and Winter Soldier was by far my least favorite thing the MCU has ever done. Dry, visually uninteresting, the relationship with Bucky stalled, overstated humor, crummy and contradictory politics. Boring. I don’t really have high hopes for this personally. Of all the currently announced films, easily my least anticipated.

• Like 1