cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

I'd be surprised if they made straight to Disney movies. This would probably receive PA

But it's still a long time away. No director attached yet

March 2022: Doctor Strange

May 2022: Thor

July 2022: Black Panther

November 2022: The  Marvels

Feb 2023: Ant-Man

May 2023: Guardians

ANNOUNCED:

Blade

Fantastic 4

Deadpool 3 (no director)

Captain America 4 (no director)

SCHEDULED:

July 2023:

October 2023: 

November 2023: 

These 3 clearly seem to be Deadpool, Blade and Fantastic 4. Likely that order. 

So Cap 4 won't happen until 2024. Which is why I assume they haven't been public notice of theatrical decisions

God, looking at this... 4 MCU films next year. 5 in 2023.. and that's if there's no more COVID delays

I think it’s safe to assume every MCU movie is a theatrical exclusive unless they ever start having bad ROI. It’s clearly what Kevin prefers and it has worked great financially for over 20 movies now.   

This thing has a rumored summer 2022 production start, I actually believe we’ll get FF in July, Blade Oct, and this Nov, with DP3 either going 2024 or taking a Fox date as a 6th 2023 release.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lokis Legion said:

I think it’s safe to assume every MCU movie is a theatrical exclusive unless they ever start having bad ROI. It’s clearly what Kevin prefers and it has worked great financially for over 20 movies now.   

This thing has a rumored summer 2022 production start, I actually believe we’ll get FF in July, Blade Oct, and this Nov, with DP3 either going 2024 or taking a Fox date as a 6th 2023 release.

Ryan Reynolds mentioned there is a good chance Deadpool films next year and they already have announced writers working on the script. I'm hopeful it's 2023, but that's just because I'm eager to finally see a new one lol

Deadpool having a Fox date actually makes sense, I forgot that. 

Per Box office mojo, Fox has an undated June 2023 film which could very well be Deadpool's spot

• Like 1

I under5stand they will need to explore the problems that will happen with a Black Captain America, but I hope they do it in a much better way then the TV show which clubbed you over the head with it.

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2022 at 5:52 PM, dudalb said:

I under5stand they will need to explore the problems that will happen with a Black Captain America, but I hope they do it in a much better way then the TV show which clubbed you over the head with it.

Many people still think racism ended after the Civil War and that raising awareness on slavery in schools is psychological warfare against white kids or whatever. There's never going to be a "subtle" and "polite" way of exploring race in America. Black Panther managed to sidestep the issue by making the African-American character the villain so that some audience members didn't feel too uncomfortable. Can't be done when the protagonist is an African-American character representing the embodiment of America.

That's not to say TF&TWS didn't have issues like pacing (like all Disney+ Marvel shows so far), the uwu-fication of Zemo, Sharon's unexplored backstory, weak and inconsistent handling of the Flag Smashers etc. but the parts that actually explored race in America were fine, and any scene featuring Carl Lumbly's Isaiah Bradley was when the show was at its strongest.

TLDR This film will be a lightning rod for the racists by its very existence so best not to engage the haters.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

but the parts that actually explored race in America were fine, and any scene featuring Carl Lumbly's Isaiah Bradley was when the show was at its strongest.

I agree with everything you are saying but I was disappointed that much like the Russo’s Captain America films, they didn’t go deeper with the themes. I wanted more from what it’s means to be a Black Captain America and that’s why I was disappointed in the show especially when Black Panther (which still had its problems even though it’s one of my favorite all-time CBMs) did it far better and surprisingly so for a blockbuster and especially an MCU movie, and am not expecting much from this film unless the drastic shake up of the crew. The Lumbly stuff was most definitely the highlight though.

For example, have US Agent actually be an alt right fuckhead like in the comics and the villain. 

Edited by YourMother

4 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Many people still think racism ended after the Civil War and that raising awareness on slavery in schools is psychological warfare against white kids or whatever. There's never going to be a "subtle" and "polite" way of exploring race in America. Black Panther managed to sidestep the issue by making the African-American character the villain so that some audience members didn't feel too uncomfortable. Can't be done when the protagonist is an African-American character representing the embodiment of America.

That's not to say TF&TWS didn't have issues like pacing (like all Disney+ Marvel shows so far), the uwu-fication of Zemo, Sharon's unexplored backstory, weak and inconsistent handling of the Flag Smashers etc. but the parts that actually explored race in America were fine, and any scene featuring Carl Lumbly's Isaiah Bradley was when the show was at its strongest.

TLDR This film will be a lightning rod for the racists by its very existence so best not to engage the haters.

get out and watchmen which some may call heavy handed at points handled the issue of racism way better and those involved felt like characters not text to speech engines to put the writers message without much build up.

carl lumbly was solely in this series for the racism angle and we barely get any  purposeful screen time with him . he was a tokenisation character.

falcon speech was just straight up dumb and felt  written straight from a twitter handle written by one who has no fucking clue how the world works. The cameras tilting to show nods of approval from winter solidier and the rest was laughably embarrasing and i could not believe what i was watching. Portions of that speech would get any sensible person laughed out of the building.

I do agree its hard to put forth racism subtly or politely but what the problem is trying to shove it where its not needed or properly explored . 

TF&Ws was insultingly heavy handed and so pretentious.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 3

Nah, it was watered down because big blockbusters (including D+ shows) are never going to explore any big topic in depth. Ever. They exist for entertainment, not for education, judgement, justification, accusation, etc. That's why they are 4 quadrant - understandable and inoffensive to everyone 7-77. 

FATWS's biggest downfall was writer's inability to grasp that Flagsmashers were not symapthetic to the audience. At all. People hated them. That's why Sam's "don't call them terrorists, do better" speech was such cringe. They were terriroists, period, because that's how they came off on the show. if that wasn't the intention than the show is an utter failure and bringing the same writer to this movie is a head-scratcher. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, Mr Terrific said:

My criticism of the racial politics of FATWS is that they watered it down to placate right-wingers. 
The quality suffered because it was muted for people who were terrified that something as real as the Tuskegee experiments was alluded to. 

My criticism is that it was so heavy handed in the way it dealt with the issues. The best and most effective kind of preaching is whenthe audience does not know it is being preached to.

On 5/22/2022 at 7:23 AM, YourMother said:

I agree with everything you are saying but I was disappointed that much like the Russo’s Captain America films, they didn’t go deeper with the themes. I wanted more from what it’s means to be a Black Captain America and that’s why I was disappointed in the show especially when Black Panther (which still had its problems even though it’s one of my favorite all-time CBMs) did it far better and surprisingly so for a blockbuster and especially an MCU movie, and am not expecting much from this film unless the drastic shake up of the crew. The Lumbly stuff was most definitely the highlight though.

For example, have US Agent actually be an alt right fuckhead like in the comics and the villain. 

DC sort of  beat Marvel to the punch with Peacemaker on that idea..........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Which means it takes the last 2024 slot.

I'm currently thinking....

Nov 23' - Blade 

Feb 24' - Deadpool 3 

May 24' - Captain America 4

July 24' - Fantastic Four 

Nov 24' - Thunderbolts