cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

6 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

If Secret Wars is the payoff, does new X-Men and FF trigger that story wise or follow from it?

Would be nervy of Marvel to not have a new Avengers in 2025. 

I think they'll just call it Secret Wars instead of Avengers: Secret Wars or the like.

Both iterations of Secret Wars in the comics involve Doctor Doom so I'd assume he factors into it. If they change it to be about Kang the FF are still involved since Kang is (not super consistently?) a descendant of Reed in the comics.

26 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

If Secret Wars is the payoff, does new X-Men and FF trigger that story wise or follow from it?

Would be nervy of Marvel to not have a new Avengers in 2025. 

I think Kang will take the Doom place in Secret Wars, and X-Men follow from it. I expect FF to already be going. 

12 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I think they'll just call it Secret Wars instead of Avengers: Secret Wars or the like.

Both iterations of Secret Wars in the comics involve Doctor Doom so I'd assume he factors into it. If they change it to be about Kang the FF are still involved since Kang is (not super consistently?) a descendant of Reed in the comics.

If they change it to be about Kang then they will do Avengers Forever storyline & FF were not big part of that storyline. Main characters of Avengers forever were Captain America, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man, Wasp & Rick Jones. I think those who are assuming FF/Reed Richards to play big role in Kang centric Secret Wars  or want that FF to be big part of Secret Wars they might get disappoint.

Edited by Factcheck

18 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

So I have a theory as to what marvel is planning: 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_War_(comics)

They had to change the name due to secret wars 

This made me realize that Feige not only has the X-Men in case things go wrong (popularity wise), he also has Avengers vs X-Men. The MCU is never going to end.