Jump to content
Eric is Full of Pride

Weekend Thread - Mortal Kombat 22.5, Demon Slayer 19.5

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I completely agree. MK was really bad! It took me all weekend to get through it. Just finished. However, these box office numbers bode well for the future. Maybe Bond, Black Widow, F9 and Top Gun will be okay. They may be able to reach 100+ million opening weekends. 

Black Widow and Suicide Squad are the only films I can see opening over 100M, that’s if the USA continues on this upward trend. Can’t see the other three opening that high, especially when you look at their franchise history. Space Jam also has a good shot, but we’ll see

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Black Widow and Suicide Squad are the only films I can see opening over 100M, that’s if the USA continues on this upward trend. Can’t see the other three opening that high, especially when you look at their franchise history. Space Jam also has a good shot, but we’ll see

Neither BW and SS have a chance with hybrid release. Only hardcore fans will go to theatre. There is a ceiling to these releases. I am sure we will find out with BW release. Plus I dont think we will see theatres with 100% capacity this summer. Probably not even fall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lor15 said:

Raya is having great drops, wom must be very good and i’m not surprised bc it’s amazing.

It’s had absolutely zero family competition.
 

This is its 9th weekend with no direct competition. 
 

It has another 5 easy weekends to go with no family competition making it 14 weeks in total. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

DS surprisingly strong, record-breaking, cinema-saviour type off box office run will sure boost Funanimation profile in Hollywood. Maybe DS can get back some IMAX showtime in the later run?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Black Widow and Suicide Squad are the only films I can see opening over 100M, that’s if the USA continues on this upward trend. Can’t see the other three opening that high, especially when you look at their franchise history. Space Jam also has a good shot, but we’ll see

Why not AQP2? May not be 3 days 100m but 4 days Memorial weekend?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Why not AQP2? May not be 3 days 100m but 4 days Memorial weekend?

Maybe but I were a betting man, odds are Black Widow and Suicide Squad have the highest chances due to franchise history and superhero films being the most popular films at the box office. 
 

AQP2, FF9, SJ2, Bond and MI7 will more than likely also do good, but superhero films are going to resurrect the box office in July, August and September (Black Widow, Suicide Squad, Shang Chi) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, El Gato said:

Black Widow and Suicide Squad are the only films I can see opening over 100M, that’s if the USA continues on this upward trend. Can’t see the other three opening that high, especially when you look at their franchise history. Space Jam also has a good shot, but we’ll see

Franchise history is very good for Top Gun 2.  That still doesn't mean it will open big, but not because of franchise history

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I seriously doubt that The Suicide Squad is crossing $100 million on OW.

Agreed. The brand is tarnished

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I seriously doubt that The Suicide Squad is crossing $100 million on OW.

Oh well. When it opens big, don’t act surprised. SS was pretty popular amongst the general audience. And the new trailer was well received 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I don't really see any 100M opener until Spider-Man. Even disregarding capacity and same-day VOD windows, none of the movies coming down to the pipeline scream "100M opener" to me. Maybe F9, but I think June is too early for that kind of stuff to happen. Though at this point, I don't think the studios have reaching that mark as a top priority at this stage

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eric Bombay said:

Honestly I don't really see any 100M opener until Spider-Man. Even disregarding capacity and same-day VOD windows, none of the movies coming down to the pipeline scream "100M opener" to me. Maybe F9, but I think June is too early for that kind of stuff to happen. Though at this point, I don't think the studios have reaching that mark as a top priority at this stage

I could see Eternals opening to $100 million after Chloé Zhao inevitably becomes a big name tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I could see Eternals opening to $100 million after Chloé Zhao inevitably becomes a big name tonight. 

If Eternals open to $100M be assured it will have nothing to do with Zhao winning some award or not. MCU is too big to have any impact/boost from such things.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.