Eric Duncan

93rd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | Nomadland, Hopkins, McDormand, Zhao, Youn, Kaluuya win

Just now, grim22 said:

I don't get this ceremony anymore. They are presenting Makeup, and next Costumes and literally no clips of the makeup and costuming work being awarded.

They just decided to save money this year knowing the ratings would be dismal clearly. I guess after the whole "No Zoom" thing was met with immense industry backlash they just threw in the towel.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I don't get this ceremony anymore. They are presenting Makeup, and next Costumes and literally no clips of the makeup and costuming work being awarded.

Agreed. It feels especially counter-intuitive in a year where these movies didn’t get a whole lot of eyeballs. It kinda has the feel of “Yeah, this work is really good, just take our word for it!”

Enjoying this oscars much more than the normal inside baseball humour it normally has, much better paced in my opinion.

Chloe’s speech was great and awesome for them to get Bong back to present best director.