Eric Atreides

House of the Dragon | GOT Spin-off | Season 2 June 2024

17 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Why the hell did they make

Hide contents

Lucerys' death unintentional. It basically absolves Aemond of one of his biggest crimes by making it happen because Vhagar disobeys him. Aemond is one of the book franchise's closest analogues to a supervillain, and the show fumbled the easiest catch by changing this event

This was a much better change IMO. He doesn't come out looking innocent or a victim in any way...the opposite, he came off across as cruel and callous and wanting to hurt Lucerys but not wanting him to die was a great way of showing how things can escalate rapidly if one is not being careful from the start. He thought he could handle a dragon and was clearly mistaken. Even Lucerys with Arrax...Arrax was obedient but only attacked Vhagar because of self defense and fear. 

He may not have intentionally tried to kill him, but he knows if it were not for his violently vindictive behavior, things wouldn't have resulted in his cousin's death. 

And this would be a great way for audiences to see (I'm assuming) his enormous regret and shock when

they come after Haleana and her children in the most utterly brutal way.

Very good finale, less bombastic than I thought, but I rolled my eyes so hard with Rhaneys excuse about her bombastic last ep stunt, so it probably was for the better. And the last actual big dragon set piece was one of the biggest highlights of the season. It was beautiful and filled with so much tension and I love the change from the books you are talking about. I could give two shits about Dragon lore and whether the dragons malfunctioning was justified, but anything that makes Aemond even slightly more layered than the cartoon villain he's been since the cast change is very welcome. The whole thing was his fault anyway because he was being a little shit and a sore winner, he didn't also have to cakle on top of his dragon.

Edited by Joel M
  • Like 2

https://deadline.com/2022/10/house-of-the-dragon-finale-ratings-1235153704/

More than 9 million people tuned into the season finale of

House of the Dragon on Sunday, marking HBO’s biggest finale night for one of its series since the conclusion of Game of Thrones in May 2019.

HOTD was up against Sunday Night Football and the final game of baseball’s American League Championship Series between the New York Yankees and Houston Astros. The episode’s viewership is across all platforms, based on a combination of Nielsen and first-party data, according to the network.

The GoT series finale lured more than 19.3 million viewers in 2019.

All episodes of the series are averaging 29 million viewers in the U.S., more than tripling their average debut-night audience with strong catch-up viewing, according to HBO. Season 6 of Game of Thrones averaged 32.8M viewers per episode in the U.S.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Rooting for Emma D'Arcy to get that Emmy nomination. This was a very solid first season overall I must say and especially breathtaking from a technical standpoint. Too bad we have to wait until 2024 for its return.

Well, it's gonna be a nightmare of controversies because Emma is NB so I don't know which category they'll be in (best actor or actress?)

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, Agafin said:

Well, it's gonna be a nightmare of controversies because Emma is NB so I don't know which category they'll be in (best actor or actress?)

Woudnt it be logical to be best actress since they play a female character?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

https://deadline.com/2022/10/house-of-the-dragon-finale-ratings-1235153704/

More than 9 million people tuned into the season finale of

House of the Dragon on Sunday, marking HBO’s biggest finale night for one of its series since the conclusion of Game of Thrones in May 2019.

HOTD was up against Sunday Night Football and the final game of baseball’s American League Championship Series between the New York Yankees and Houston Astros. The episode’s viewership is across all platforms, based on a combination of Nielsen and first-party data, according to the network.

The GoT series finale lured more than 19.3 million viewers in 2019.

All episodes of the series are averaging 29 million viewers in the U.S., more than tripling their average debut-night audience with strong catch-up viewing, according to HBO. Season 6 of Game of Thrones averaged 32.8M viewers per episode in the U.S.

HBO is definitely going to move forward with all those other spin offs now. They have a bonafide franchise.

4 hours ago, Agafin said:

I see Paddy for Best Actor and Matt Smith for best supporting actor.

It's not without its problems but I liked this season a lot. The story was focused and absorbing while the acting and visuals were uniformly excellent. Every single interior looks gorgeous. And, cheap or not, there's just no substitute for that sense of dread you get with when people can die out of nowhere in seconds. I think as I'm getting older the spectre of threats against children hits harder.

I do hope that's it for time jumps for a long while, because all the criticisms over the nonsensical ageing (or lack of) for certain actors is 100% warranted.

Don't have much else to say - perhaps I enjoyed this more than I would have because of how dogshit Rings of Power was, but I think the fact that people still liked this following its predecessor's backlash speaks for itself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

It's not without its problems but I liked this season a lot. The story was focused and absorbing while the acting and visuals were uniformly excellent. Every single interior looks gorgeous. And, cheap or not, there's just no substitute for that sense of dread you get with when people can die out of nowhere in seconds. I think as I'm getting older the spectre of threats against children hits harder.

I do hope that's it for time jumps for a long while, because all the criticisms over the nonsensical ageing (or lack of) for certain actors is 100% warranted.

Don't have much else to say - perhaps I enjoyed this more than I would have because of how dogshit Rings of Power was, but I think the fact that people still liked this following its predecessor's backlash speaks for itself.

Without spoiling anything, its safe to say that well se no big time jumps anymore. This set of actors will probably not change going forward.

2 hours ago, Hatebox said:

This is tale going over like 50-70  yaers and 4 generations 

They had to do the origin story to now or else the storypoints wont hit home as much. 

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/house-of-the-dragon-season-2-premiere-june-1235930058/

Episode 1 will be released sometime in June. So just another 4-ish months to wait!

Coudnt be more excited for this. If they can stay on the same quality level as Season 1, it will be no doubt the show of year atleast for me.